Washington State DSHS Community Service Office Administrator in Aberdeen, Washington
As the Community Services Office Administrator, you will work with dynamic and diverse staff covering a wide range of programs and services for the office. Together, you're responsible for maintaining strong customer-focus, continually improving, and sustaining a work environment that engenders trust, values diversity, encourages collaboration, supports innovation and consistently exceeds expectations.
Region 3 Community Services Division is looking a highly qualified, professional and culturally competent Community Services Office Administrator for the Aberdeen office. Community Service Office Administrators are key team members of the Economic Services Administration.
The Community Service Office Administrator is directly accountable for all operations of the assigned Community Service Office and the delivery programs and services as defined by Washington State laws.
In this position you will:
- Oversee the implementation and delivery of $36 million of critical public assistance programs that are state and federally funded
- Manage budgets and authorize use of client service funding
- Coordinate and develop collaborative community partnerships with tribes, local governments, other agencies, and community based organizations in the local service area
- Plan, lead, prioritize, organize and direct the activities and performance of staff; utilize continuous quality improvement and performance methods to monitor, evaluate and improve performance results of all public assistance programs administered by the Community Services Division
- Effectively communicate with the public, staff, agency hierarchy, legislature, the media and throughout the organization to assure effective program delivery
- Evaluate facility needs and manage facility operations to ensure efficient, cost effective and safe operations for staff, co-located partners, and clients Qualifications
We are looking for someone with:
- A Bachelor's Degree in social work, health or social science, public administration or a related field AND four years of managerial experience in the service delivery field either in program or line management and/or equivalent years of work experience. (Equivalent experience may substitute year-for-year for required education)
- Knowledge of management principles, strategic planning, budget development and fiscal accountability
- Knowledge of the legislative and rule making process
- Ability to use independent judgment to analyze, prioritize and make critical decisions in a high-volume, results-oriented environment where outcomes come under scrutiny by the public and legislature
- Working knowledge of Union Management basic agreements, laws, rules and regulations governing public welfare, affirmative action and equal opportunity
Those interested in these positions may apply by completing the online application and attaching the following documents into the attachments section of the online application:
- Chronological Resume
- Letter of Interest
- Three References (contact information including telephone numbers, addresses, and email addresses - please include your current manager, a peer, and one other professional reference)
Some jobs may require full criminal background check. This announcement may be used to fill multiple vacancies. Employees driving on state business must have a valid driver's license. Employees driving a privately owned vehicle on state business must have liability insurance on the privately owned vehicle.
Washington State Department of Social & Health Services is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity/expression, marital status, race, creed, color, national origin, religion or beliefs, political affiliation, military status, honorably discharged veteran, Vietnam Era, recently separated or other protected veteran status, the presence of any sensory, mental, physical disability or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal by a person with a disability, equal pay or genetic information. Persons requiring accommodation in the application process or this job announcement in an alternative format may contact the Recruiter at (360) 725-5810. Applicants who are deaf or hard of hearing may call through Washington Relay Service by dialing 7-1-1 or 1-800-833-6384.
If you have questions regarding applying for this position, contact Anthony Distefano at firstname.lastname@example.org or 360-725-5825.
If you have questions on this recruitment, contact Hilliary Bryan at 253-476-7020.
Job Type: Full Time - Permanent
Job Number: 2016-10458 CS38
Department: Dept. of Social and Health Services
Closing: 10/31/2016 11:59 PM Pacific
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504.
Salary: $69,204.00 - $92,041.00 Annually
Location: Grays Harbor County – Aberdeen, WA