Indian Health Service Clinical Psychologist (Child & Family) in Acomita, New Mexico
Indian Health Service
1 vacancy in the following location:
- Acomita, NM
Work Schedule is Full Time - Permanent
Opened Thursday 10/13/2016 (12 day(s) ago)
** Closes Wednesday 11/2/2016 (8 day(s) away)
The Indian Health Service (IHS) is the principal federal health care provider and health advocate for American Indians and Alaska Natives (AI/AN). The IHS goal is to raise Indian health status to the highest possible level. IHS provides leadership and direction to programs and activities designed to improve health outcomes to over 1.9 million AI/AN through a system of IHS, Tribal, and Urban operated facilities and programs.
The IHS is required by law to give absolute preference to qualified applicants who meet the Secretary of the Interior's definition of Indian for appointment to vacancies within the IHS in accordance with established IHS policy as outlined in the Indian Health Manual Part 7, Chapter 3. The IHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position is located at the Acoma-Canoncito-Laguna Hospital in Acomita, NM and reports to the Behavioral Health Director. The incumbent provides clinical psychology services, with a specialty focus on children and families, in conjunction with the Behavioral Health Service. The range of psychological services includes individual, family, and group psychotherapy, mental status evaluations, crisis intervention, suicide assessments, psychological testing, and consultation with a multi-disciplinary treatment staff.
This position is being announced concurrently under Excepted Service Examining Plan/Merit Promotion Plan (ESEP/MPP) procedures. Please review vacancy announcement number IHS-17-AQ-1824153-ESEP/MPfor eligibility requirements. NOTE: Applicants must apply separately for each announcement in order to be considered.
Area of Consideration:All Sources
Independently conducts individual, family and group psychotherapy.
Provides Psychological evaluations of the full range of emotional and psychiatric disorders utilizing the criteria contained in DSM V and appropriate psychological testing according to established standards for the profession.
Provides assessments and consultations to the medical staff on patients with acute psychiatric disorders in the hospital setting.
Coordinates referrals to other appropriate facilities.
- Not Required
- Relocation expenses are authorized and will be paid. You will be required to sign a one year service agreement. Failure to fulfill the one year service agreement may result in repayment of relocation expenses.
- The selected applicant will be subject to a pre-employment background
- investigation, which will include a fingerprint check.
- If applicable-Selective Service registration (Males born after 12/31/59)
- U.S. Citizenship is required
To qualify for this position, your resume must reflect sufficient experience and/or education, to perform the duties of the position for which you are applying. Your resume is key in evaluating your experience, as they relate to this position. Therefore, we encourage you to be clear and specific when describing your work experience.
Education: Satisfactory completion of all the requirements for the doctoral degree (Ph.D. or equivalent) directly related to full professional work in clinical psychology is required.
In addition, to the Basic Requirements, you must also meet the Minimum Qualifications stated below-
Your resume must demonstrate at least one (1) year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-12 grade level in the Federal service obtained in either the private or public sector performing the following type of work and/or tasks: diagnosing and treating a full range of psychiatric disorders for adult and children, providing initial treatment of acute psychiatric conditions, formulating and implementing a plan of care, providing various treatment modalities; coordinating referrals to other appropriate facilities and monitoring the aftercare plan; making appropriate referrals to medical providers when psychotropic medication should be considered; monitoring patients for the effectiveness of psychotropic medications.
Selective Factor: In addition to the qualification requirements, to be rated basically qualified for the position, applicants must demonstrate possession of the following knowledge, skills, and abilities (KSA's):
- Verification of a current, valid, active, unrestricted license or certification in any State, the District of Columbia, the commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or a territory of the United States is required when filling all positions for Clinical Psychologist.
Public Health Service (PHS) Licensure Policy: Each PHS clinical psychologist must possess and maintain a valid, current, unrestricted license or certification in a State. This policy only applies to positions filled in the 180 Psychology series and when the position description contains the term "Clinical" in its title.
You must meet the requirements of the job by 11:59 (Eastern Standard Time) of the closing date: Wednesday, November 02, 2016
Q - Nonsensitive
What To Expect Next
Once the online questionnaire is received you will receive an acknowledgement email that your submission was successful. Applicant MUST verify the completeness and successful submission of their applications by logging into the USAJobs Application Manager to check the Status. Your qualifications for the job will be reviewed against other applicants to determine, if you will be referred to the hiring manager for further consideration and possible interviews. We will notify you of the outcome after each of these steps have been completed. After making a tentative job offer, we will conduct a suitability/security background investigation.
You will no longer need to call the HR Office to determine your application status. USAJOBS has added an alert setting to their system to provide status updates for applicants. You can elect to activate the status updates from your USAJOBS profile at any point during the application process.
If all required documentation is not submitted with your application you will lose consideration. It is the applicants responsibility to verify that information and documents entered, uploaded, or faxed is received, legible and accurate. HR will not modify answers submitted by an applicant.
Indian Health Service is an Equal Opportunity Employer
You can review our benefits at https://help.usajobs.gov/index.php/PayandBenefits
Additional selection(s) of candidates may be possible within 90 days from the date the certificate of eligibles was issued for this announcement.
A one-year probationary period may be required upon selection/placement.
This position is covered by a Bargaining Unit.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Security Clearance: If you are selected for this vacancy, you must undergo a fingerprint check. Fingerprint results must be cleared prior to hire. You will receive instructions on how to obtain and submit fingerprints. After you begin your employment, your continued employment is contingent upon the outcome of a complete background investigation as determined by the sensitivity level of your position. The investigation must find that you are suitable for Federal employment in your position. If you are found not suitable, you will be terminated after you begin work. If you make a false statement in any part of your application, you may not be hired; you may be fired after you begin work; or subject to possible criminal charges.
- Measles and Rubella immunization required for selectees born after 1957. Seasonal Influenza immunization is required for civilian health care facility staff working in Indian Health Service health care facilities.
- The selected individual is required to obtain and maintain medical staff clinical privileges, including any licensure requirements. If privileges are not obtained or maintained during employment, the employee will be subject to adverse actions, up to and including removal from Federal service.
IHS - Operated Properties are tobacco free
Salary Range: $84,458.00 to $109,800.00 / Per Year
Series & Grade: GS-0180-13/13
Promotion Potential: 13
Supervisory Status: No
Who May Apply: Public
Control Number: 453221600
Job Announcement Number: IHS-17-AQ-1824169-DE