Hilton Manager (RMDP), Revenue Management Consolidated Center (RMCC)- Americas in Addison, Texas
The Revenue Manager Trainee role is designed as an accelerated training program towards the Revenue Manager position. After completion, the Revenue Manager will coordinate the Revenue Management processes and procedures for multiple properties, maximize each hotel's room revenue, and grow market share. This will be accomplished by analyzing demand factors; forecasting business levels; conducting competitive analyses; managing and maintaining group and transient inventory controls; monitoring and adjusting pricing strategies; and maintaining distribution channel data integrity. The Revenue Manager will report directly to the workgroup’s Assistant Director.
What will I be doing?
- Manage hotels and the RMCC-Americas objectives by developing and executing Revenue Management strategies for a portfolio of hotels
- Work with Assistant Directors, Trainers, and Revenue Managers to develop the skills necessary for promotion
- Enter the Revenue Management Development Program (RMDP) and maintain a constant training workload
- Participate in and successfully complete a progression of Revenue Manager training scenarios that include a mixture of quantitative analysis, written presentation, and verbal presentation to trainers of the RMCC
- Actively seek to understand the RMCC processes
- Implement proper inventory, rate, and LOS controls using OnQ R&I, OnQ RM and GRO to ensure maximum revenue generation
- Develop and implement pricing strategies; conduct Revenue Management meetings; ensure pricing is consistent amongst all distribution channels; and conduct displacement analysis for transient and group business
- Must be able to develop and maintain constructive and cooperative working relationships with hotel management teams and must be able to achieve alignment with all parties to implement optimal Revenue Management strategy
- Work closely with the Director of Sales to establish group pricing guidelines and controls for the sales team, as well as with the Front Office team to establish effective high demand and sellout procedures
- Effective written, verbal communication, and presentation skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills that build trust and instill confidence in order to motivate and influence others
- Absolute discretion and confidentiality regarding sensitive information
- Must demonstrate the ability to effectively address any issue in collaboration with others
- Ability to work well under pressure and effectively handle multiple and concurrent tasks
- Strong mathematical comprehension
- Must possess the ability to quickly learn new programs when required
What are we looking for?
To fulfill this role successfully, you must possess the following minimum qualifications and experience:
- BA/BS Bachelor’s Degree in Hospitality, Business Administration, Finance, or Economics or a minimum of three (3) years of analytical experience within revenue management, data management, reservations, or the front office operations field
- Strong problem solving and resolution skills
- Strong project, time management, and organizational skills
- Ability to analyze, interpret and explain statistical data, to develop strategies and generate a course of action
- High proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Proficient in Revenue Management systems, hotel property management systems, and industry related reports
- Ability to travel as required
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- MA/MS Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance, or Economics or a minimum of three (3) years of Hotel experience at a Manager or Director level with budget control experience
- Hospitality industry experience
- Prior supervisory experience
- Knowledge of our Company’s Revenue Management systems
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands . Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
Job: Revenue Management
Title: Manager (RMDP), Revenue Management Consolidated Center (RMCC)- Americas
Requisition ID: RMC0100C