CliftonLarsonAllen, LLP Controller in Albuquerque, New Mexico
We’re hiring an Outsourcing Controller in our Albuquerque, NM location to provide customized short and long-term finance and accounting solutions. The Accounting Manager - Controller is accountable for identifying and implementing best practices related to the services provided to add value to the client.
- Develops internal control policies, guidelines, and procedures for activities such as budget administration, cash and credit management, and accounting.
- Coordinates and directs the financial planning, budgeting, procurements, or investment activities for all or part of an organization.
- Monitors and evaluates the performance of accounting and other financial staff, recommending and implementing actions.
- Prepare financial information.
- Advise management on short-term and long-term financial objectives, policies, and actions.
- Prepare, or direct preparation of financial statements, business activity reports, financial position forecasts, budgets, or reports required by regulatory agencies.
- Evaluate needs for procurement of funds and investment of surpluses and make appropriate recommendations.
- Develop full knowledge of GAAP (FASB/SFAS) and deep understanding of financial and operational aspects of his/her specific industry.
- Maintains knowledge of client’s organizational policies and procedures, federal and state policies and directives, and current accounting standards. Develop and maintain a thorough working knowledge of accounting software packages.
- BA/BS degree in accounting or related field required.
- CPA preferred
- 5+ years relative work experience as a senior accountant or equivalent.
- Proficiency and aptitude for applicable software (Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, etc).
- Ability to travel to client sites
- Strong organization skills/goal orientation/self-motivation.
- Ability to handle pressure in a positive professional manner.
- Provides coaching opportunities for others to develop and pursue their passions.
- Communication has high impact and encourages openness.
- Manages challenging issues and understands when appropriate to leverage internal experts.
ABOUT THE FIRM CliftonLarsonAllen LLP (CLA) is a professional services firm delivering integrated wealth advisory, outsourcing and public accounting capabilities to help enhance our clients’ enterprise value and assist them in growing and managing their related personal assets – all the way from startup to succession and beyond. Our professionals are immersed in the industries they serve and have specialized knowledge of their operating and regulatory environments. With nearly 4,000 people, 90 US locations and a global affiliation, we bring a wide array of solutions to help clients in all markets, foreign and domestic. Investment advisory services are offered through CliftonLarsonAllen Wealth Advisors, LLC, an SEC-registered investment advisor.
We are deeply invested in the success of our professionals and provide innovative career-building opportunities. At CLA, we aim to positively impact the clients we serve, the people we employ, the profession we represent and the communities we call home.
CLA is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Requisition Number: 16-1274