Natural Grocers Assistant Store Manager in Albuqueruque, New Mexico
Assistant Store Manager
NM, Albuquerque - 9261 Coors Blvd NW (AW)
For 60 years, we at Natural Grocers have fulfilled the company’s mission of providing free health and nutrition education to customers, along with affordable healthy food and supplements. Our customers have come to rely on our highly trained staff, in-store
literature, nutrition counseling, educational lectures, practitioner referrals, and health fairs to help better understand and respond to their health and wellness issues. With a selection of over 30,000 natural and organic foods, supplements, body care, and
household products, we try to make everything we sell affordable for the average household. If you appreciate the difference between having a “passion for food” and enjoying an “affordable, nutritious diet,” then you will feel at home with Natural Grocers.
The Assistant Store Manager is the second person in charge of the store and is responsible for the successful operation and profitability of the store which includes training, directing and monitoring all department staff.
The Assistant Store Manager ensures that the store operates according to company policies and procedures;
• Interacting with customers delivering World Class customer service
• Conducting walkabouts
• Completing stock rotation
The Assistant Store Manager ensures profitability by making sure In-stock conditions meet company standards;
• Providing good selection
• Guaranteeing top sellers are in stock
• Monitoring product mix
The Assistant Store Manager ensures that the store and personnel are managed per company standards
• Hiring, training, and coaching of all staff
• Completing operational responsibilities (daily schedules, checklists, opening and closing store duties)
• Serving as coverage for all departments and attends to each as needed
Although this is a general outline of job responsibilities all employees are expected to be “hands on” and do whatever it takes to get the job done and make the company thrive.
• 1-2 years management experience in grocery and/or related retail experience, natural foods industry a plus.
• Able to manage changing priorities.
• Possesses a sense of urgency in the completion of tasks.
• Possesses excellent customer service skills.
• Is highly organized with great attention to detail.
• Ability to stay focused with the task at hand.
• Ability to take direction and follow through.
• Must be cashier trained.
• Proficient in MS word, excel and outlook.