Indian Health Service Health System Specialist in Anadarko, Oklahoma
Indian Health Service
1 vacancy in the following location:
- Anadarko, OK
Work Schedule is Full Time - Permanent
Opened Wednesday 10/5/2016 (16 day(s) ago)
** Closes Wednesday 10/26/2016 (5 day(s) away)
The Indian Health Service (IHS) is the principal federal health care provider and health advocate for American Indians and Alaska Natives (AI/AN). The IHS goal is to raise Indian health status to the highest possible level. IHS provides leadership and direction to programs and activities designed to improve health outcomes to over 1.9 million AI/AN through a system of IHS, Tribal, and Urban operated facilities and programs.
The IHS is required by law to give absolute preference to qualified applicants who meet the Secretary of the Interior's definition of Indian for appointment to vacancies within the IHS in accordance with established IHS policy as outlined in the Indian Health Manual Part 7, Chapter 3. The IHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position is being announced concurrently under Excepted Service Examining Plan/Merit Promotion Plan (ESEP/MPP) procedures. Please review vacancy announcement number IHS-17-OK-1816515-ESEP/MP for eligibility requirements. NOTE: Applicants must apply separately for each announcement in order to be considered.
The purpose of this position is to manage the facilities continuing Performance Improvement/ Quality Improvement Program, Risk Management Program, Survey Readiness/ Compliance Program, and provide Administrative oversight as delegated. The incumbent will report to the Facility Unit Director of the Anadarko Indian Health Center.
- Provides overall management for the Quality Assurance/Performance Improvement Program. Provides education for Performance Improvement Initiatives. Coordinates/aggregates surveys data.
- Responsible for risk management activities pertaining to clinical aspects of patient care.
- Oversees the Compliance Program, functioning as an independent and objective body that reviews and evaluates compliance issues/concerns within the organization.
- Monitors all clinical objectives as part of the IHS Government Performance and Results Act. Overseeing the collection and transmission of data for timely reporting.
- Not Required
- The selected applicant will be subject to a pre-employment background
- investigation, which will include a fingerprint check.
- If applicable-Selective Service registration (Males born after 12/31/59)
- U.S. Citizenship is required
- This is a Public Trust position; credit check is required.
To qualify for this position, your resume must reflect sufficient experience and/or education, to perform the duties of the position for which you are applying. Your resume is key in evaluating your experience, as they relate to this position. Therefore, we encourage you to be clear and specific when describing your work experience.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: For GS-11: Your resume must demonstrate at least one (1) year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-9 level in the Federal service obtained in either the private or public sector performing progressively responsible analytical or administrative, or clinical management or supervisory experience in the health care field. This experience is demonstrated by performing the following type of work and/or tasks: Directing, coordinating and executing an accreditation review in a hospital or ambulatory care setting; experience with health care accreditation and regulatory processes and standards, e.g. The Joint Commission, Center for Medicare and Medicaid services, focused Standards Assessment; critical analyzing and interpreting patient care data retrieved from electronic health records and/or interviews from health care providers; develop, conduct, implement, facilitate and evaluate adult and workplace training programs to meet accrediting agency requirements; proficient in the use of all Microsoft Office applications and web-based computer programs (such as icare & Healthpic software); and prepare reports utilized for quarterly Quality Assurance & Performance Improvement (QAPI) reports.
This work may have been performed in an operating health care facility or a higher organizational echelon with advisory or directional authority over such facilities. Work must have involved working relationship with facility managers and analysis and/or coordination of administrative, clinical, or other service activities, and provided knowledge of the following:
- Missions, organizations, programs, and requirements of health care delivery systems;
- Regulations and standards of various regulatory and credentialing groups; and
- Government-wide, agency, and facility systems and requirements in various administrative areas such as budget, personnel, and procurement.
OR You must have completed a Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree, or 3 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree, or LL.M., if related. Major study must have been in hospital administration, public health administration, or related fields such as business or public administration with course work in health care administration.
OR A combination or experience and graduate level education as described above. Only graduate education hours in excess of the first 36 hours can be combined with the appropriate level of experience to qualify.
Special Provision for Inservice Placement: Successfully completing an agency-sponsored on-the-job training program that may be substituted for qualifying experience, provided it included a formal individualized training plan. Such a training program must have been conducted in an operating health care system and included:
- Assignments providing a knowledge of basic health system administration philosophies, practices, and procedures, and basic government administrative policies and requirements;
- Practical assignments providing an opportunity to apply health system administration skills and principles (as the individual progresses, work assignments must be characteristic of the grade level to which he or she is assigned); and
- Oversight by an experienced health system administrator with periodic evaluation of the individual's progress and appropriate adjustment of the training program.
Foreign Education: If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show that the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program. For further information, click on foreign education.
You must meet the requirements of the job by 11:59 pm (Eastern Standard Time) of the closing date: Wednesday, October 26, 2016
Public Trust - Background Investigation
What To Expect Next
Once the online questionnaire is received you will receive an acknowledgement email that your submission was successful. Applicant MUST verify the completeness and successful submission of their applications by logging into the USAJobs Application Manager to check the Status. Your qualifications for the job will be reviewed against other applicants to determine, if you will be referred to the hiring manager for further consideration and possible interviews. We will notify you of the outcome after each of these steps have been completed. After making a tentative job offer, we will conduct a suitability/security background investigation.
You will no longer need to call the HR Office to determine your application status. USAJOBS has added an alert setting to their system to provide status updates for applicants. You can elect to activate the status updates from your USAJOBS profile at any point during the application process.
If all required documentation is not submitted with your application you will lose consideration. It is the applicants responsibility to verify that information and documents entered, uploaded, or faxed is received, legible and accurate. HR will not modify answers submitted by an applicant.
Indian Health Service is an Equal Opportunity Employer
You can review our benefits at https://help.usajobs.gov/index.php/PayandBenefits
Additional selection(s) of candidates may be possible within 90 days from the date the certificate of eligibles was issued for this announcement.
A one-year probationary period may be required upon selection/placement.
This position is covered by a Bargaining Unit.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Security Clearance: If you are selected for this vacancy, you must undergo a fingerprint check. Fingerprint results must be cleared prior to hire. You will receive instructions on how to obtain and submit fingerprints. After you begin your employment, your continued employment is contingent upon the outcome of a complete background investigation as determined by the sensitivity level of your position. The investigation must find that you are suitable for Federal employment in your position. If you are found not suitable, you will be terminated after you begin work. If you make a false statement in any part of your application, you may not be hired; you may be fired after you begin work; or subject to possible criminal charges.
- Measles and Rubella immunization required for selectees born after 1957. Seasonal Influenza immunization is required for civilian health care facility staff working in Indian Health Service health care facilities.
IHS - Operated Properties are tobacco free
Salary Range: $59,246.00 to $77,019.00 / Per Year
Series & Grade: GS-0671-11/11
Promotion Potential: 11
Supervisory Status: No
Who May Apply: United States Citizens; PHS Commissioned Officers interested in performing the duties of this position within the Commissioned Corps MUST apply to the merit promotion announcement in order to receive consideration.
Control Number: 452601000
Job Announcement Number: IHS-17-OK-1816631-DE