Ministry Health Care Intersystem Critical Care Resource Pool RN (Day/Evening Shift) in Appleton, Wisconsin
Title: Intersystem Critical Care Resource Pool RN (Day/Evening Shift) Location: WI-Appleton-St. Elizabeth - 1506 South Oneida Other Locations: WI-Weston-Saint Clare%27s Hospital, WI-Oshkosh-Mercy Medical - 500 South Oakwood Road, WI-Woodruff-Howard Young Medical Center, WI-Stevens Point-Saint Michael%27s Hospital, WI-Rhinelander-Saint Mary%27s Hospital - Rhinelander, WI-Marshfield-Saint Joseph%27s Hospital Job Number: R-1403302
Are you an experienced critical care nurse looking for a challenging position that offers variety?
The all new intersystem Critical Care Resource Pool at Ministry Health Care is looking for experienced nurses to work at seven of our Ministry adult critical care units – St. Joseph's Hospital in Marshfield, St. Clare's Hospital in Weston, St. Michael's Hospital in Stevens Point, St. Mary's Hospital in Rhinelander, Howard Young Medical Center in Woodruff, St. Elizabeth Hospital in Appleton, and Mercy Medical Center in Oshkosh.
There are two full-time, variable shift opportunities available at this time.
72 hours a pay period.
Eligible for full-time benefits
$10/hour differential on productive hours
Days: 7 AM – 3:30 PM or 7 AM - 7 PM
PMs: 3 PM – 11 PM
Nights: 11 PM – 7 AM or 7 PM - 7 AM
Mileage will be paid if asked to travel to another site within the shift or for any travel outside the employee's region (ex: An Eastern region based employee will be paid mileage if covering a shift in the Central or Northern regions).
The Critical Care Department is staffed with registered nurses and ancillary team members. Registered Nurses function as the primary care giver or as direct supervisors to the care provided by the health care team. The Registered Nurse, working in collaboration with the primary physician, provides coordination of the patient plan of care and the patient care team. The Registered Nurse works with the patient/family/significant other(s) and interdisciplinary team members to develop an individualized plan of care to include educational and discharge planning interventions. The Registered Nurse collaborates with other professionals and members of the patient care team to ensure optimal patient outcomes. The Registered Nurse utilizes the nursing process to deliver care for specified patients in accordance with Ministry's and the American Nurses Association (ANA) Standards of Clinical Nursing Practice and the ANA Code of Ethics for Nurses.
• Demonstrates relevant knowledge and skills in providing patient care in relation to professional standards and established policy and procedures. Utilizes the nursing process (assessment, nursing diagnosis, planning, implementation and valuation) in the provision of personalized, holistic patient care reflecting collaboration with the patient/significant other. Assesses patient’s status through interview, observation, and physical assessment, considering the patient’s age and development.
• Critically analyzes and communicates multi-disciplinary assessment data among team members.
• Identifies and diagnoses alterations in findings in conjunction with patient’s clinical presentation.
• Based on assessment information and in collaboration with patient/family and the interdisciplinary health care team:
a. identifies problems and coordinates formation of an interdisciplinary problem list; formulates individualized, measurable outcomes;
b. develops an individualized plan of care that includes educational and discharge planning interventions;
c. implements the patient’s plan of care;
d. continually evaluates effectiveness of the plan of care; and,
e. identifies and takes action to achieve optimal outcomes.
f. acts as a patient advocate
• Initiates mobilization of case management resources as needed.
• Consistently prioritizes patient care assignments based on changes in patient’s condition and unanticipated interruptions while delegating care in order to achieve optimal, safe and cost effective patient and organizational outcomes.
• Facilitates interdisciplinary communication to optimize team functioning and enhance team efficiency and effectiveness.
• Provides leadership to coordinate formal and informal patient care conferences.
Direct Patient Care:
• Demonstrates critical thinking, problem solving, and decision making skills to meet changing needs of patient and nursing unit. Conducts initial and ongoing age-appropriate assessments for assigned patients.
• Analyzes and diagnoses alterations in findings with patient’s clinical presentation.
• Consistently evaluates progress toward outcomes and revises outcomes and interventions.
• Provides age-appropriate nursing care to patients in accordance with standards of Clinical Nursing Practice.
• Continuously educates patient/family to support progression on the plan of care and post-discharge self-care abilities using materials and methods appropriate for age and development.
• Applies safety measures appropriate for the patient’s age and development.
• Documents according to hospital standards.
• Utilizes computer applications and medical complex information systems.
• Achieves customer service excellence by understanding the needs of all customers.
a.monitors and seeks to improve customer satisfaction feedback by assessing customer needs and initiating actions to meet those needs.
b. responds to and resolves customer expectations.
c. role models excellent customer service and sets high level service expectations for the interdependent team.
• Offers suggestions for improvements that will positively impact job performance, team efficiency and effectiveness, and/or role efficiency.
• Participates in process improvement activities.
• Provides evidence of ongoing professional development by maintaining a current body of knowledge in nursing specialty area.
• Supports and implements evidence-based changes in clinical practice.
• Shares clinical knowledge through informal teaching in response to the learning needs of others.
• Completes competency requirements within timeframe Qualifications: Job Requirements:
Graduate from an accredited school of nursing. BSN preferred. Current Wisconsin RN license. Completes all unit specific certifications/education within designated time frames. Minimum of 3 years of critical care experience within the last 5 years. BLS upon hire ACLS upon hire TNCC within 6 months of being in the position. Must be willing to learn new technical skills related to the position on an ongoing basis to maintain satisfactory competence and performance. Basic computer skills Effective communication skills
Skills Required: Job: Staff Registered Nurses