Ministry Health Care Medical Technologist or Experience MLT-St. Elizabeth%27s Hospital (20 HPW, Variable) in Appleton, Wisconsin
Title: Medical Technologist or Experience MLT-St. Elizabeth%27s Hospital (20 HPW, Variable) Location: WI-Appleton-St. Elizabeth - 1506 South Oneida Job Number: R-1411756
St. Elizabeth's Hospital
This is a 24 HPW variable position, with a variable weekend rotation. This position is eligible for the complete benefits package.
· Perform routine and complex lab tests and provide accurate results in a timely manner.
· Perform testing in lab areas as assigned; Chemistry, Hematology, Coagulation, Urinalysis and Microbiology.
· Utilize and maintain complicated laboratory instruments.
· Operate instruments in Chemistry, Hematology, Coagulation, Urinalysis and Microbiology.
· Develop, monitor and maintain quality control programs.
· Research and develop new or revised procedures. Write procedural documents in standard format.
· Troubleshoot manual and automated laboratory tests.
· Assume first line supervision of laboratory departments, as assigned.
· Obtain blood specimens using venipuncture, capillary and arterial techniques. Process laboratory specimens.
· Utilize Meditech and instrument computers to order tests and blood products and to accurately verify lab test results.
· Develop, prepare and present lectures for the School of Medical Technology.
· Teach new employees and students at the bench.
· Order laboratory supplies using LEAN techniques to avoid waste. Qualifications: Position Requirements #1
Baccalaureate degree in Medical Technology or one of the related sciences, such as Microbiology, Chemistry or Biology.
Position Requirements #2
Clinical training in an accredited school of Medical Technology, or equivalent.
Position Requirements #3
ASCP (American Society of Clinical Pathologists), CLS (Clinical Laboratory Scientist) or equivalent, or eligible. Board eligible hires must achieve certification within 6 months of hire. Job: Medical Technology