Fleet Farm Merchandise Buyer - Paint/Heating/Cooling in Appleton, Wisconsin
Mills Fleet Farm is a growing company that is looking for talented Merchandise Buyers to join our Merchandising Team at our Appleton, WI Corporate Office. Our Corporate Teams consist of subject matter experts who specialize in each functional area of our business and focus on providing support to our stores.
Our Merchandise Buyers manage new and existing merchandising programs for various categories. This position engages in supplier negotiations, advertising layout, competition checks, plan-o-gramming, assortment planning, category implementation and other tasks in order to optimize sales, inventory turnover, cost controls and profit.
Merchandise Buyer responsibilities include:
- Build comprehensive assortments that cater to our customer needs.
- Identify current trends while keeping Mills’ customers in mind.
- Select appropriate vendors based upon their ability to maintain supply, quality and value of the merchandise.
- Maintain supplier relationships by addressing and resolving any issues with invoicing, product, and delivery.
- Provide recommendations to maximize sales and profitability for the specific categories that are assigned.
- Continuously acquire and retain product knowledge through the research of specific items and product categories.
- Develop promotional plans to ensure planned financial metrics are being met.
- Evaluate effectiveness of promotional events.
- Have an understanding of retail space planning to ensure full optimization of product lifecycle.
- Practice effective negotiation in order to maximize program potential.
- Will work a rotating schedule of 7a-5p or 8a-6p Monday-Friday, but additional hours may be required as circumstance arise.
- Travel required based upon business needs. May be required to travel nights and weekends to attend trade shows, store sets, supplier visits, store visits, grand openings, competition checks, etc.
Our commitment to Full-Time Fleet Team Members Include:
- 10% Team Member Discount
- Competitive Pay
- Incentive Program*
- Insurance: Life, Health, Vision & Dental*
- Paid Vacation*
- Profit Sharing and 401(k) Plan*
- Paid Legal Holidays*
- AFLAC Supplemental Insurance*
*Eligibility requirements apply.
- Obtained a high school diploma or general education degree (GED); post high school education is preferred. Bachelor’s degree in Retail Merchandising, Business, Supply Chain or related field preferred.
- Prior experience in Merchandising, Replenishment or Buying desired.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong negotiation skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel and Word Processing software.
- Knowledge of the Oracle Retail Management System is preferred.
- Able to write reports and business correspondence.
- Knowledge of key financial metrics such as profit margins, discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- The highest degree of confidentiality is expected for all departmental and Company information.
Physical Requirements for this position are:
- Regularly required to sit, and occasionally required to stand/walk.
- Ability to travel by air or other modes of transportation.
- Ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 10lbs. and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 lbs.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements or efforts associated with the position.
Requisition Number: 16-2561
Title: Merchandise Buyer - Paint/Heating/Cooling