HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Vice President Quality in Arlington, Texas
TheVice President, Quality provides administrative direction for Quality Services, Risk Management, Patient Safety, Wound Care, and Infection Control. This position is responsible for department operations, budgeting, planning, development of information systems and coordination of information flow between departments impacting quality improvement functions to assure consistency and efficiency. The VP is responsible for coordination and oversight of accreditation and regulatory standards activities.
· Directs Quality Services, Risk Management, Patient Safety, Wound Care and Infection Control programs for the Hospital and Medical Staff.
· Directs credentialing activities and the development of the credentialing link to quality improvement activities and physician peer review.
· Oversees medical departments and committees to assure that objectives are met.
· Liaison with medical staff, hospital administration and others to assure maintenance and enhancement of effective relationships.
· Oversees Medical Staff minutes and quality improvement data / documentation in an effort to limit legal exposures and assure compliance with accrediting bodies.
· Controls dissemination of communication between hospital, medical staff and hospital departments related to medical staff services and quality improvement.
· Works closely with the medical staff to troubleshoot problems and gather input for improvement.
· Oversees timely and accurate submission of data for public reporting, i.e.,core measures for TJC, TMF, CMS, TDH, THCIC.
· Bachelor’s Degree required.
· Master's Degree in healthcare strongly preferred.
· CPHQ strongly preferred.
LICENSURE AND CERTIFICATIONS
· Current Texas State RN license (or eligible to obtain through reciprocity) or compact license is accepted or LMSW.
· Minimum five (5) years of management experience in quality services or related area required. Vice President level experience in Quality preferred.
· Experience with performance improvement, patient safety and infection control strongly preferred.
· Data management experience required.
Title: Vice President Quality
Location: Texas-Arlington-Medical Center of Arlington- Arlington (Dallas/Ft
Requisition ID: 00015-84997