CliftonLarsonAllen, LLP Audit Senior in Arlington, Virginia
Description CliftonLarsonAllen's Government Contracting industry practice is growing exponentially, which is creating an abundance of career growth opportunities. CLA's experienced leaders and dedicated professionals work exclusively with government contractors in the Washington DC area and across the country.
We are looking to add a Commercial Assurance Managerto our * Arlington, VA*office to serve our clients.
- Assume full responsibility for planning, supervising, and controlling all phases of the firm’s regular services for those clients delegated by principals.
- Delegate or assume in-charge responsibility; project and plan the timing of the workload to promote the most efficient operation of the staff.
- Lead the decision-making process for assigned engagements/clients; keep the engagement principal fully informed of major decisions, engagement progress, the client’s situation, and potential problems.
- Develop a responsible and trained staff through assistance in recruiting, planning assignments, resolving problems, providing direct consultation to staff, evaluating staff performance, and acting as an instructor or discussion leader in professional development programs.
- Delegate or supervise preparation of the engagement letter for approval by the engagement principal, discuss the nature and terms of the assignment with the client, estimate fees, and ensure client signs and returns the engagement letter prior to the start of the engagement.
- Evaluate internal controls and audit programs prepared by staff, revise as necessary, and present to the engagement principal for approval.
- Follow the engagement progress through monitoring time budgets and deadlines for adherence; communicate important developments to the engagement principal along with facts, conclusions and recommendations; provide ongoing attention to client management; and prepare final client meetings.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Accounting or related field
- 3+ years of public accounting experience providing audits, review and compilations to government contractors
Current CPA licensure preferred Skills/Knowledge
Technical knowledge of audit, accounting, and tax concepts
- Knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulation cost principles
- Demonstrated ability to manage client relationships
- Strong communication and analytical skills ABOUT THE FIRM
CliftonLarsonAllen LLC (CLA) is a professional services firm delivering integrated wealth advisory, outsourcing and public accounting capabilities to help enhance our clients’ enterprise value and assist them in growing and managing their related personal assets – all the way from startup to succession and beyond. Our professionals are immersed in the industries they serve and have specialized knowledge of their operating and regulatory environments. With nearly 4,000 people, 90 US locations and a global affiliation, we bring a wide array of solutions to help clients in all markets, foreign and domestic. Investment advisory services are offered through CliftonLarsonAllen Wealth Advisors, LLC, an SEC-registered investment advisor.
We are deeply invested in the success of our professionals and provide innovative career-building opportunities. At CLA, we aim to positively impact the clients we serve, the people we employ, the profession we represent and the communities we call home.
CLA is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Requisition Number: 16-1280
Title: Audit Senior