PAE, Inc GCHR - Section Lead Mentor in Arlington, Virginia
Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
GCHR - Section Lead Mentor
This position is a Pipeline position that is contingent upon availability and is located in Afghanistan.
• Mentor all of the work of the GCHR Section Lead and Deputy Section Lead to ensure that all section deliverables are met in a timely manner
• Oversee the work of section staff in four teams, Gender, Juvenile Justice, Victim Witness Assistance Program and Human Rights (Trafficking and Smuggling)
• Oversee and guide the work of embedded staff working within various ministries and on various Afghan committees
• Ensure that the work of personnel is performed timely and is of high quality
• Develop, oversee and manage all projects
• Represent the section at conferences, meetings and other events
• Oversee the development of training and develop, review and supervise the expansion of Gender Justice curricula
• Develop relevant presentations
• Prepare, review and edit advance sheets and reports of activities and accomplishments on a weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual basis, or as otherwise assigned
• Establish and maintain relationships with key stakeholders including, but not limited to, local government officials, police and prosecutors, the US Embassy, international organizations and Afghan organizations involved in the justice sector, and customary and traditional law actors
• Identify GCHR-related needs in Afghanistan in order to be in a position to propose and develop projects to advance justice in the country
• Provide feedback on the performance of personnel in the GCHR Gender Justice Unit and those who support the Gender Justice Unit (e.g., Afghan National Legal Advisors (NLAs), translators, and administrative assistants)
• Mentor the Section Lead and Deputy Section Lead on the development of proposals, budgets and Purchase Requests (PRs) for all projects
• Mentor and guide on the preparation of the GCHR budget, work plans, statements of work and deliverables
• Ensure timely responses to requests for information from the US Embassy on GCHR issues
• Supervise all international advisors in the section
• Directly supervise the Gender Justice team within the GCHR section
• Perform other duties as required
An Equal Opportunity Employer. PAE’s hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprint_poster.pdf
JOIN OUR TALENT NETWORK at http://www.jobs.net/jobs/pae/join
PAE is a leading provider of enduring support for the essential missions of the U.S. government, its allied partners and international organizations. With over 60 years of experience, PAE supports the execution of complex and critical missions by providing global logistics and stability operations, technical services and national security solutions to customers around the world. PAE has a workforce of approximately 15,000 people in over 60 countries on all seven continents and is headquartered in Arlington, VA.
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), should you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a currently open position with PAE, please call Recruiting at (703) 656-6064 or email email@example.com with "Disability Assistance" in the subject line.
Complete our survey to help us find more candidates like you! Click HERE at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/F2XWFFF