PAE, Inc Manager IT/Coms in Arlington, Virginia
Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
This position is a Pipeline position that is contingent upon availability and is located in Afghanistan.
• Provides support and back up to the TO in support of communication/technology operational activities
• Provides guidance and mentoring to subordinate staff
• Ensures departmental logs are accurate and that the information is available as requested.
• Maintains satellite, radio and telephone equipment associated with the regional sites operations centers
• Set up and maintain all audio visual/video teleconferencing equipment located within the conference center and office spaces
• Conduct preventive maintenance and repair of systems to include network of all automation equipment assigned under the TO
• Define and resolve system circuit path problems.
• Document system problems and recommended solutions. Load, download, inventory, operate, troubleshoot, and repair material and equipment
• Operate, maintain, and account for training (as necessary) all personnel on used equipment and systems
• Perform administrative duties, monitor network, and respond to work orders in a timely manner
• Responsible for monitoring status of communications links
• May be responsible for facilitating training programs for Communications Operators, documentation review and SOP revisions as needed
• Other duties as assigned
• The IT/Communications Lead must have a minimum of two years’ experience in an IT department in an overseas environment.
• Experience using CISCO and MS information system is preferred
• Experience in Networking Operations Centers (NOC) is preferred
• Solid knowledge of LAN/WAN network administration and support under Windows XP/Win7 and Active Directory in an Enterprise environment.
• Must have the ability to troubleshoot Window 7, MS Office Suite, MS Server 2008r2, Cisco switches and TCP/IP issues.
• Implement plan to safeguard computer files against accidental or unauthorized modification, destruction, or disclosure and to meet emergency data processing needs.
• Proven expertise in supporting and troubleshooting hardware, software and networking issues.
• Bachelor’s degree in IT or related communications field preferred
• 10 years of operational experience in managing enterprise information systems, including networks, servers, workstations and secure systems
• 3 to 5 years of operational experience with information technology and communications systems, preferably in contingency or combat situations
• Experience with VSAT systems
• Professional level certification in one or more of the following disciplines is required: Microsoft products, Cisco products, and information security
• Project management experience with information technology and/or tactical communication projects or programs
• Must be able to obtain an MRPT
• Must be able to be medically cleared to perform on contract.
• Language Skills: Strong, professional, oral and written English communication skills
• Citizenship: US Citizenship is not required for this position
An Equal Opportunity Employer. PAE’s hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprint_poster.pdf
JOIN OUR TALENT NETWORK at http://www.jobs.net/jobs/pae/join
PAE is a leading provider of enduring support for the essential missions of the U.S. government, its allied partners and international organizations. With over 60 years of experience, PAE supports the execution of complex and critical missions by providing global logistics and stability operations, technical services and national security solutions to customers around the world. PAE has a workforce of approximately 15,000 people in over 60 countries on all seven continents and is headquartered in Arlington, VA.
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), should you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a currently open position with PAE, please call Recruiting at (703) 656-6064 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with "Disability Assistance" in the subject line.