Washington State DSHS Nursing Care Consultant in Arlington, Washington
Are you ready to put your professional, registered nursing experience to work?
We're looking for Registered Nurses to join our team in Arlington, WA.
At Department of Social & Health Services, "Transforming Lives" is our mission. And it takes people to make this a reality.
In the* Aging and Long-Term Support Administration* our Vision is: Seniors and people with disabilities living with good health, independence, dignity, and control over the decisions that affect their lives.
The closing date for this position has been extended. You don't need to reapply if you've already applied to this position. *
In this position you will provide intensive and expert services to a population of high risk, dysfunctional and frail persons who are medically and financially dependent an din need of the full range of Home and Community Services (HCS) programs and services. This population includes clients who are high risk of being placed in an institution. You will also serve as a consultant to Social Work staff.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Conducting comprehensive assessments and reassessments at client's current living situation (i.e. home, facility, hospital), to determine clients HCS programs level of care.
- Reviewing complex medical information for further assessment, care, treatment planning and to assess for level of risk.
- Provide case management services including development of a service plan, implementation of that plan and service plan review and termination.
- Triage client care/management and effectively evaluate clients at high medical risk.
- Provide client advocacy, as well as consultation, networking, family support and crisis intervention.
- Effectively communicate and educate staff, clients and caregivers regarding medical information, nursing care issues, and disease processes.
- Coordinate complaint investigation activities as needed with Adult Protective Services, local law enforcement, Medicaid Fraud, Ombudsmen, and other state investigating agencies.
- Obtain information regarding residents care and services from professional records, facility staff and other sources.
- Organize caseload priorities according to office of policy time-frames and workload expectations. Complete all necessary forms using an automated computer system where required. Qualifications
What we are looking for: Someone who has a Master of Nursing/Master of Science in Nursing AND two years of RN experience. OR Bachelor of Science in Nursing AND three years of RN experience.
Desired education, experience and competencies:
- Ability to use paramedical nursing knowledge specifically related to aging and long term disability.
- Apply social casework theory, principles, and practices.
- Identify and evaluate social dynamics affecting client choice and decision making.
- Adapt to change, respecting differences in opinions and values. *Questions? Contact Lindsay Taylor at (509) 363-4971 or Lindsay.Taylor@dshs.wa.gov * and refer to 06466.
Some jobs may require full criminal background check. This announcement may be used to fill multiple vacancies. Employees driving on state business must have a valid driver's license. Employees driving a privately owned vehicle on state business must have liability insurance on the privately owned vehicle.
Washington State Department of Social & Health Services is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity/expression, marital status, race, creed, color, national origin, religion or beliefs, political affiliation, military status, honorably discharged veteran, Vietnam Era, recently separated or other protected veteran status, the presence of any sensory, mental, physical disability or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal by a person with a disability, equal pay or genetic information. Persons requiring accommodation in the application process or this job announcement in an alternative format may contact the Recruiter at (360) 725-5810. Applicants who are deaf or hard of hearing may call through Washington Relay Service by dialing 7-1-1 or 1-800-833-6384.
Job Type: Full Time - Permanent
Job Number: 2016-06466 QS63
Department: Dept. of Social and Health Services
Closing: 10/25/2016 11:59 PM Pacific
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504.
Salary: $4,838.00 - $7,932.00 Monthly
Location: Snohomish County – Arlington, WA