Illinois Tool Works, Inc. Maintenance Mechanic in Atlanta, Georgia
Maintenance Mechanic at ITW
Zip-Pak is a division of Illinois Tool Works (ITW), a Fortune 200 company that is one of the world’s leading diversified manufacturers of specialized industrial equipment, consumables and related service businesses.
Zip-Pak serves customers and markets around the globe, with a significant presence in developed and emerging markets offering a complete range of re-sealable closure services, machinery and solutions.
We operate in more than 52 countries around the world with a workforce of more than 270 dedicated flexible packaging professionals. These talented individuals adhere to the highest professional standards and focus their efforts to meeting and exceeding the needs of every Zip-Pak client. Combining this commitment to client success with our technical innovation and unmatched network of resources enables us to confidently and consistently deliver “uniquely flexible" solutions to our customers.
Zip-Pak Atlanta is seeking a Maintenance Mechanic
Performs work involving two or more maintenance skills to keep machines, mechanical equipment, and zipper manufacturing equipment in good working order. Duties may involve welding, machine and equipment repairing, and electrical work.
● Follow all Safety, Hygiene and GMP rules.
● Ability to read, understand, and utilize maintenance/production equipment to meet our high quality standard.
● Ability to troubleshoot equipment issues based on product performance
● Assist with and maintain production equipment.
● Ability to work under pressure in a fast paced work environment
● Ability to read mechanical blue prints
● Ability to read electrical schematics
● Operates/produces good quality AC/DC & acetylene welds
● Utilize mechanical precision measuring instruments
● Utilize electrical measuring instruments
● Understands pneumatic & hydraulic systems
● Record work performance
● Must be able to implement record keeping for all machines
● Assist in training as required
● Knowledge of production machine functions
● Operates all machine shop equipment:
o Milling machines
o Surface Grinders
o Drill press
o Band saw
● Trouble shoot equipment: electrical / mechanical and repair
● Assembly of very complex machine parts
● Maintains chiller system
● Maintain plant air supply system
● Assist in restarting production machines
● Maintains resin feed system
● Record and maintain spare part usage
● Possess the knowledge and understanding of process controls
● Understands Industrial electrical wiring and 3 phase systems.
● Knowledgeable of A/C and D/C motors and controls.
● Understands PLC process controls.
● Demonstrate good teamwork and good work ethic
● Flexible in working hours
● Excellent attendance and time keeping
● Good verbal and written communication skills
● Able to communicate any safety, quality and production issues
● Ability to use computers for MS Office and CMMS software
● Understands and practices all safety/hygiene and GMP rules
● Leads by example and ensures compliance to AIB and SQF rules
● Reports all unsafe conditions immediately to supervisor; corrects where possible
● Applies good housekeeping standards and keeps area clean and organized
● Demonstrates and ensures that safety is first in all process activities
● Maintains clean and orderly workplace/equipment
● Possess the knowledge of LOTO
High school diploma or equivalent
5 years of production maintenance experience
Specialized Training/Certifications; Forklift license, machine repair, electrical repair, refrigeration, preventive maintenance, facilities maintenance, welding, pneumatics and PLC knowledge
Good command of English language, both written and spoken
Other requirements: Basic supply of own tools, must be high motivated and able to work independently
Must be able to:
● Lift and carry 75 pounds.
● Bend, turn and lift while performing the job.
● Climb stairs.
● Work on scissor lift at heights of 20 feet.
● Stand for 8 hours, with appropriate break-times.
● Ability to work around hot items.
● Work performed in a factory environment.
● Regularly exposed to noise.
● Required to wear personal protective equipment (i.e. steel toe shoes, safety glasses, ear plugs, and hair nets).
Zip-Pak is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.