Army National Guard Units (Title 32) Surface Maintenance Mechanic Inspector in Atlanta, Georgia
Army National Guard Units (Title 32)
1 vacancy in the following location:
- Atlanta, GA
Work Schedule is Full Time - Permanent
Opened Monday 10/3/2016 (18 day(s) ago)
** Closes Monday 10/24/2016 (3 day(s) away)
WELCOME TO THE PEACH STATE!
Area of Consideration: Open only to current Georgia Army National Guard (GA ARNG) Warrant Officer (CW3 and below) and Enlisted members.
Position Location: CSMS #1, Atlanta, Georgia. Permanent Change of Station (PCS): PCS is not authorized. Relocation Incentive: Relocation Incentive is not authorized. Selected Reserve Incentive Program (SRIP): Acceptance of a Federal Excepted technician position of over 179 days in length will cause termination from the Selected Reserve Incentive Program (SRIP).
Type of Appointment: This is a full-time, Excepted Permanent dual-status, position which requires GA ARNG membership.
Job Summary: This position is located in the Joint Forces HeadquartersState, Logistics Directorate (J-4), Surface Maintenance Facility. The purpose of the position is to serve as an inspector of surface maintenance equipment to ensure that physical and operating characteristics are within acceptable standards and specifications. Duties involve complex inspection work that requires a wide variety of inspection processes and techniques. May assist higher graded inspectors, as required.
Background Check: Selectee may, at the option of the agency, be required to submit to criminal, credit history, and general background checks which will be evaluated by the agency prior to a final offer of employment and access into the Georgia National Guard Federal Technician or Active Guard/Reserve program.
National Guard Membership: This position requires military membership. It is designated for GA ARNG Warrant Officer and Enlisted incumbent(s) only. In accordance with ARNG regulations, incumbent performs duties necessary to accomplish military Surface Maintenance Mechanic Inspector functions in support of programs essential to state Army National Guard daily operations, training and readiness missions.
As a member of a GA ARNG unit, you will be required to train with your unit, normally one weekend a month and 15 days of annual training each year. GA ARNG units and members are subject to immediate call to federal or state active duty to meet national or state emergencies.
The following list of duties is not conclusive but provides a brief snapshot of the duties that may be required of this position:
- Inspects a large variety of heavy-duty mobile equipment (i.e., combat, tactical, etc.) and automotive vehicles (i.e., attack tanks, large cranes, tank retrievers, fire trucks, bridge transporters, armored vehicle launched bridges, bulldozers, road graders, crawler tractors, power shovels, self propelled earth compacting equipment, self propelled artillery, etc.).
- Inspects complex, interrelated mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, electronic and electrical systems, equipment and their components while in operation or in a standby condition.
- Inspects and performs tests to braking, steering, and differential systems, which are mechanically integrated with the transmission; to large engines, which directly power multiple hydraulic and pneumatic systems; to intricate fuel injection systems; to turret stabilization systems; and to other systems combined in a single, complex mechanical assembly.
- Uses specially designed testing methods and test equipment such as computerized test sets, precision gauges, electronic sensors, injector test stands, engine scopes, etc., to assure that tolerance and safety factors have been met.
- Inspects equipment to determine repairs needed.
- Utilizes established Maintenance Expenditure Limits (MEL) to evaluate economic feasibility of repair(s).
- Serves as inspector on Command Maintenance Evaluation Teams (COMET) and/or as a member of Maintenance Assistance and Instruction Teams (MAIT).
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Not Required
- Must be a current U.S. Citizen.
- Under 5 USC 2108 & 5 CFR 211, Veteran's Preference criteria does not apply.
- Direct Deposit Banking is Mandatory.
- Military Requirement: WOBR: 12, 13, 14, 19, 25, 91, 92, or 94; WMOS: 882A;
- ECMF: 12, 13, 14, 19, 25, 88, 91, 92, or 94.
General Experience: Must have experience or training which demonstrates knowledge of equipment to be able to do routine jobs, simple preventative maintenance tasks, and is able to use common tools and equipment in the line of work.
Specialized Experience: Must have a minimum of 18 months specialized experience diagnosing, repairing, overhauling, and modifying more complex vehicles, equipment, and more complicated systems. Experience which has provided a thorough knowledge of diagnostic equipment. Experience applying independent judgment in determining methods and techniques required to solve unusually complex maintenance and repair problems. Experienced in testing, inspecting, and evaluating the work performed on vehicles, equipment and systems.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs): Applicants who meet the eligibility requirements will be further evaluated by the Selecting Official based on the following KSAs considered essential to perform the duties and responsibilities of this position.
- Ability to apply a wide variety of complex inspection techniques to examine a variety of heavy-duty mobile equipment (i.e., combat, tactical, etc.) and automotive vehicles (i.e., attack tanks, large cranes, tank retrievers, fire trucks, bridge transporters, armored vehicle launched bridges, bulldozers, road graders, crawler tractors, power shovels, self propelled earth compacting equipment, self propelled artillery, etc.); that may include inspection of heavy artillery, small arms, powered support and other equipment or components of equal or lesser complexity.
- Ability to inspect complex, interrelated mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, electronic and electrical systems, equipment and their components while in operation or in a standby condition.
- Ability to operate a large variety of test equipment, some of which is specially designed to test complex interrelated mechanical/electrical/ hydraulic/pneumatic systems.
- Ability to use specially designed testing methods and test equipment such as computerized test sets, precision gauges, electronic sensors, injector test stands, engine scopes, etc., to assure that tolerance and safety factors have been met.
Other Requirements:Candidates must have a valid state driver's license for the state in which they live or are principally employed. Candidates must possess a security clearance (Secret or Top Secret) or be able to obtain a clearance within one year of appointment.
National Guard Compatibility: *Once an applicant is selected and prior to being placed in the technician Surface Maintenance Mechanic Inspector position, the selectee must be assigned to any unit in the Georgia Army National Guard as a Warrant Officer or Enlisted member in WOBR: 12, 13, 14, 19, 25, 91, 92, or 94; WMOS: 882A; ECMF: 12, 13, 14, 19, 25, 88, 91, 92, or 94. *Rank inversion is strictly prohibited.
Wear of the Army uniform as prescribed by AR/NGB/GA NGR is required for incumbent of this position. Acceptance of this position constitutes concurrence with this requirement as a condition of employment.
Preplacement Medical Requirements: Selectee will be required to undergo medical testing, at the government's expense, prior to beginning employment. Medical tests are used to determine fitness and eligibility for employment.
Optional Form 78 (Certificate of Medical Examination) will be used to determine the fitness and eligibility for employment. Upon review of results, the Human Resources Officer will approve selection, require additional medical information or find selectee medically disqualified for employment and withdraw said offer.
What To Expect Next
Once the online questionnaire is received, you will receive an acknowledgement email that your submission was successful. Based upon your score, you may be referred to the hiring official. If your name is referred to the hiring official, you may be contacted directly by that office for a possible interview.
You will receive notice via email or by mail, if no email address was provided by you during the application process, once this process is completed (generally 4-6 weeks).
Thank you for your interest in the Georgia National Guard. Good Luck!
The following Web addresses are provided for your reference to explore the major benefits offered to most Federal employees. Main site for new federal employees - http://www.opm.gov/insure/newemploy/index.asp Flexible Spending Accounts - This Program allows you to pay for certain health and dependent care expenses with pre-tax dollars. For additional information visit: https://www.fsafeds.com/fsafeds/index.asp Health Insurance - The FEHB Program offers over 100 optional plans. For additional information visit: http://www.opm.gov/insure/health/index.asp Leave - Most Federal employees earn both annual and sick leave. For additional information visit: http://www.opm.gov/oca/leave/index.asp
Life Insurance - The FEGLI Program offers Basic Life Insurance plus three types of optional insurance, for additional information visit: http://www.opm.gov/insure/life/index.asp Long Term Care Insurance - The FLTCIP provides long term care insurance for Federal employees and their parents, parents-in-law, stepparents, spouses, and adult children. For additional information visit: http://www.ltcfeds.com/ Retirement Program - Almost all new employees are automatically covered by the Federal Employees Retirement System (FERS). FERS is a three-tiered retirement plan. The three tiers are: Social Security Benefits, Basic Benefit Plan, Thrift Savings Plan. For additional information visit: http://www.opm.gov/retire/index.asp.
Males born after 31 December 1959 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service (see www.sss.gov).
Salary Range: $29.33 to $34.26 / Per Hour
Series & Grade: WG-5801-11/11
Promotion Potential: 11
Supervisory Status: No
Who May Apply: Open only to current GA ARNG Warrant Officer (CW3 and below) and Enlisted members.
Control Number: 452340100
Job Announcement Number: T-17-004 (1816907)