Washington State Business Services Liaison (WSS3 TBD) Auburn in Auburn, Washington
Employment Security Department (ESD) is recruiting for a Business Services Liaison - WorkSource Specialist 3 (WSS3). The Business Services Liaison is the primary point of contact for local businesses and is responsible for employer assessment and providing labor market information by working with the Business Services Manager in conjunction with the Regional Economist to understand local labor market trends, transferable skills, and provide this information to employers. The Business Services Liaison provides employers with job description analysis, training information, hiring events and related services. The expected outcome of providing such business services is the development of high quality job orders with WorkSource.
- Determine areas and businesses that would benefit from WorkSource services and market WorkSource business services.
- Act as liaison to businesses; identify business needs and job opportunities for customers; supply information addressing human resources support, labor market trends and wages, tax credits and incentives, and employment laws and regulations.
- Refer to websites and other agency and partner services; jointly develop service delivery plan to address; recruit, screen, manage and/or assist employers with job match and referrals; post job orders.
- Coordinate and collaborate with Business Services to ensure consistency of service delivery; share best practices, strategies and information.
- Maintain and review job orders; contact employers about job order status; obtain names of customers hired through WorkSource.
- Conduct hiring events, employer hiring sessions, and job fairs.
- Outline labor market information and opportunities.
- Refer customers to WorkSource job orders and/or other external job openings.
- Answer phone calls and direct to program teams; provide timely response and services through all forms of customer service (phone, email, face-to-face).
- Provide and maintain quality customer service; perform triage and direct customers to necessary resources; assist with access to services and activities. Qualifications
- Working-level general knowledge of labor market conditions.
- Working-level oral communication skills - convey information orally according to the needs of the audience, and receive and understand spoken information.
- Working-level writing skills - convey information in writing according to the needs of the audience.
- Awareness-level knowledge of business relationship building and networking.
- Working-level customer service skills – build and maintain customer relations and satisfaction. Supplemental Information
Attach a resume and letter of interest to your on-line application (through the Add Attachment(s) field).
A resume will not substitute for the "work experience" section of the application.
Applications with comments such as "see attachments" or "N/A" in the supplemental question responses will be considered incomplete.
General suggestions for creating a good application packet:
- Read the job posting very carefully. Find out as much as you can about the position.
- Make sure you are very diligent in following all the application instructions. Include all requested documentation.
- Make sure your application and supplemental question responses address how you meet each of the required and desired qualifications.
- Carefully read each of the supplemental questions and respond completely to each one. Pay careful attention to each component of the question, providing examples, and thoroughly describing when and where you achieved the proficiency level, and detail the types of work you performed, the work products, etc., to demonstrate 'how'.
- Specifically include all of your work experiences doing the same or similar work, especially if you reference work in these jobs in describing when/where you gained proficiency level skills.
- Make sure your application reflects your best writing. Other Information As a condition of employment, the successful candidate accepting this position must comply with the Union Security clause contained in the Collective Bargaining Agreement between the State of Washington and the Washington Federation of State Employees.
For inquiries about this opportunity, please contact the Recruitment Team at 360-902-9560 or HRRecruiting@esd.wa.gov.
Individuals with disabilities needing assistance in the application process or needing this job announcement in an alternate format should provide their contact information via e-mail or telephone.
Employment Security Department is an equal-opportunity employer and provider of employment and training services. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities. Washington Relay Service–711.
If you are having technical difficulties creating, accessing or completing your application, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or (360) 664-1960 or toll free (877) 664-1960.
Job Type: Full Time - Permanent
Job Number: 2016-10481
Department: Employment Security Department
Closing: 10/31/2016 5:00 PM Pacific
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504.
Salary: $36,744.00 - $48,060.00 Annually
Location: King County – Auburn, WA