HCA, Hospital Corporation of America North Austin Medical Center - Central Sterile Technician II in Austin, Texas
_Position Summary: _ Provides instruments, supplies and equipment free of contamination for a surgical intervention. Responsible to act as a preceptor for new and cross-training employees.
- Complies with hospital/departmental policies and procedures, i.e., attendance, mandatory education, safety, infection control, etc.
- Demonstrates the working knowledge of instrument washer and steam and gas sterilizers.
- Carries out policies and procedures for sterilization according to AORN recommended practices.
- Carries out NAMC policies and procedures for decontamination, cleaning, maintenance, handling, storage and sterilization of surgical instruments.
- Demonstrates proper handling, inspection, testing, use and processing of endocops, endoscopic accessories and related equipment.
- Demonstrates the working knowledge of preparing case carts.
- Monitors proper storage and handling of supplies.
- Maintains inventory levels of supplies and places orders as needed.
- Employee's conduct must reflect the Company's values and a commitment to the Code of Conduct ethics and compliance program.
- Other duties as assigned.
_Knowledge and Skills: _ Must be able to demonstrate understanding of national patient safety initiatives by strict compliance to all safety protocols and procedures as required by both HCA and North Austin Medical Center.
Required:* 6 months sterile processing experience or related training
Title: North Austin Medical Center - Central Sterile Technician II
Location: Texas-Austin-North Austin Medical Center
Requisition ID: 08224-48498