HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Surgery Center Administrator in Austin, Texas
The Bailey Square Ambulatory Surgery Center, is a member of Ambulatory Surgery Division of HCA that operates and jointly owns with physicians 125 surgery centers nationally. Founded in 1973 and centrally located in Austin, Bailey Square Surgery Center led the way in developing a safe, convenient, high-quality alternative to in-patient hospitalization. We are a multispecialty center that primarily handles cases related to Ophthalmology, ENT, Gastrointestinal, Orthopedics, and Gynecology.
We are in search of a Surgery Center Administrator to manage the operations of the center. The ideal candidate will have experience managing relationships with physicians and previous experience in surgery center operations. This location has 11 operating rooms, two GI rooms, and a high case volume which helps make it an exciting opportunity. We also have a strong clinical director in place and are looking for someone that has a background in nursing to supplement the existing leadership. HCA provides a host of additional regional support resources including:
- Regional CFO
- Regional Vice President of Operations
- Regional Business Office Manager
- Regional Medical Director
- Regional Quality/Risk Team
- Business Development support
- Regional Pharmacy Personnel
- A support network of 125 Administrators currently leading our other centers
- A dedicated team of recruiters
The compensation consists of a base salary, bonus opportunity, and comprehensive benefits including a matching 401k that grows incrementally over time from 3%-9% company match. As we are a part of HCA, there are also discounts available related to healthcare, hotels, cellular phones, and a variety of others categories.
The best part about us is our culture. We place a premium on work life balance and are truly dedicated to creating a positive working environment. We are actively interviewing and encourage you to apply today!
- Build the ASC’s brand with physicians, patients, third party payors, and the community in general.
- Facilitate positive effectiveworking relationships with the Governing Body, Medical Director, and Medical Staff.
- Call upon and coordinate the use of corporate personnel and hospital resources. This includes,*but is not limited to, corporate legal and financial data processing, staffing, credentialing, marketing, human resources,*and development expertise.
- Responsible for business development of the center in conjunction with Business Development/Marketing Representative.
- Maintain appropriate levels of personnel (this includes hiring, promoting, assigning, maintaining**compensation levels; approve merit evaluations and salary increases, as well as conference and discharge, when necessary).
- Participate in professional and community organizations to promote better public relations and interact with the general public in area relating to healthcare.
- Understand, implement and maintain personnel policies, the employee benefit package, a wage and salary program, and appropriate job descriptions that have approval by the Governing Body.
- Establish appropriate internal organizational lines of communication, authority, and accountability.
- Work closely with the Business Office to institute budget controls, monitor accounts receivables and payables, prepare and project annual budgets.
- Attend Medical Executive Committee meetings and present reporting related to operations.
- Implement ongoingPerformance Improvement Program.
- Consult specialists in areas necessary to maintain the delivery of**high standards of health care and ensure the implementation of these standards at the Center.
- Implement on-going risk management program.
- Complete required training necessary to fulfill the role of ECO, FPO, and FISO for the facility. Ensure policy review, contracting policy, training and reporting is done on a timely basis.
- Perform all duties and responsibilities timely and effectively in accordance with established company policies to achieve overall ASD objectives.
- Practice and adhere to the “Code of Conduct” philosophy and “Mission and Value Statement”.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing or related field
- Equivalent work experience may substitute degree requirement
- Minimum (3) years direct experience or related experience
Experience in outpatient surgery center operations are require
Title: Surgery Center Administrator
Location: Texas-Austin-Bailey Square Surgical Center
Requisition ID: 07432-48463