AccuRounds CNC Swiss Screw Machinist - 2nd Shift in Avon, Massachusetts
Set-up and operate one or more CNC Swiss-type screw machines that perform a series of machining operations, such as turning, grooving, drilling, boring, threading and milling of bar stock. Interpret and understand blueprints and work orders for such information as dimensions, tolerances and process operations to be machined. Verify conformance of work piece to blueprint specifications, using inspection equipment.
OVERVIEW & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Interpret and understand blueprints and work instructions – both verbal and written.
- Analyze problems and make decisions.
- Monitor the status, wear and efficiency of tools.
- Inspect geometric dimensions, tolerances and process operations.
- Verify conformance of dimensions to blueprint specifications using various types of inspection equipment.
- Set up and operate surface grinders and other support equipment a plus.
- Use statistical process control techniques.
- Perform daily preventive maintenance tasks.
- Seek out and take advantage of continuing education opportunities.
- Exhibits a positive attitude – the ability to communicate effectively and work well with team members.
- Prioritizes and execute tasks effectively in a quick response, lean environment – self-motivated.
- Understands CNC machines, control functions and their options.
- Possesses basic to intermediate skill level in trigonometry.
NIMS Certification and/or MACWIC Certification preferred.
REPORTS TO: Director of Operations