AccuRounds Quality Assurance Technician in Avon, Massachusetts
AccuRounds is seeking a reliable and conscientious QualityAssurance Technician to support operations by accurately testing and inspectingcomponents and raw materials at various stages of the production process andrecording statistical and conventional data to determine and maintain qualityand reliability of components.
OVERVIEW AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Continuously improve our lean management system with an intense focus on internal processes, supplier relationships and customer service.
- Eliminate all non-value added activity.
- Interpret specifications, engineering drawings, blueprints and collaborate with operations, QA, and engineering to determine quality and reliability standards.
- Measure parts in a timely and accurate manner in a fast paced environment while maintaining high productivity.
- Select products for inspection at specified stages in production process, and checks products for variety of qualities, such as dimensions, appearance, and functional characteristics using hand held measuring instruments, functional gages, comparators, microscopes, surface plate instruments, and vision inspection systems.
- Perform First Piece, In-Process, and Final Inspections.
- Record inspection data, in accordance with procedures.
- Evaluate data and indicate conformance or deviations from existing standards.
- Perform PPAP, special First Article Reports, NCM, CA’s, SPC graphs or charts of data or enter data into computer.
- Knowledge and adherence to AccuRounds Quality Management System, ISO certifications and AS9100 Rev C certification.Recommend modifications of existing quality or production standards to achieve optimum quality within limits of equipment capability.
- Maintain log of all quality equipment and assure calibrations are current.
- Provide training in inspection and gaging methods.
- Prepare accurate paperwork and certifications.
- Inspect incoming supplier and material.
- Perform process audits of operator inspection processes.
- Performs other job duties as required.
- Seeks out and takes advantage of continuing education opportunities.
- Dedicated to consistently satisfying the requirements of our customers.
- Excellent knowledge of mechanical inspection, including use of equipment.
- Knowledge and use of Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Promote safety and ensure a safe work environment and safe work habits.
- Self-motivated and directed, with the ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a quick response, lean environment.
- Ability to be flexible with job assignments and multi-task.
NIMS Certification and/or MACWIC Certification preferred.