Fairmont Mechanical Engineer in Baku, Azerbaijan
Reporting to the Director of Engineering, the Shift Engineer is responsible for ensuring we provide the highest level of facility maintenance for our colleagues and our Guests. The Shift Engineer will provide the highest work quality and standards acceptable to Fairmont Baku.
Fairmont Baku, part of the iconic Flame Towers complex, boasts 299 superbly appointed guest rooms, 19 serviced apartments, 7 exquisite dining options, over 2,500 square meters (27,000 square feet) of function space and two ballrooms. With all that it offers, Fairmont Baku the city’s place for distinguished happenings. Be part of our team at the exciting Fairmont Baku!
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Providing exceptional guest service, including offering assistance to Colleagues and Guests in a courteous manner
- Performing routine work
- Maintaining and repairing all equipment and furnishings within the guestrooms, public areas, colleagues areas and back of the house areas
- Responding to all calls from all departments throughout the hotel
- Actioning preventative maintenance/work order system as assigned based on qualifications
- Inspecting and replacing all of fire prevention equipment on property
- Responding to emergency/Fire alarm calls from Hotel
- Being responsible for safe condition and safe operation of all equipment both permanent and portable for the requirements of their job
- Ensuring that all work orders assigned will be completed with the least delay possible and to the standards of Fairmont Baku
Operating in an environmentally friendly way, recycling all materials when available
Being knowledgeable of and assisting other trades people as required
Providing quality work where necessary as outlined by supervisor
Acting as backup relief sanitation engineer
Reporting maintenance issues and deficiencies, and resolving these issues where appropriate
Properly using and maintaining equipment
Safely operating tools such as hand tools, chainsaw, hoist and rigging material, log splitter
Safely deploying and utilizing ladders, and scaffolding equipment
Adhering to and promoting the company’s health & safety policies to ensure a safe work environment and is knowledgeable about all safety & emergency procedures
- Using resources (time and materials) are used efficiently in order to maximize output
- Electrical School /Degree completed
- General knowledge and/or experience of most building trade
- Basic mechanical ability, including knowledge of plumbing carpentry and general maintenance
- Responsible and able to complete work without supervision
- Related technical experience
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Sitting/crawling: 4-8 hr/day
- Walking: 4-8 hr/day
- Standing 4-8 hr/day
- Bending/Reaching: 4-8 hr/day
- Pushing/pulling: 4-8 hr/day
- Physical Effort: does not lift weights more than 100 lbs., must be able to work from ladders, lifts and scaffolding
- Visual Effort: high
- Environmental Stress: busy atmosphere, working inside and outside.
Must hold a valid work/residence permit from Azerbaijan.
APPLY TODAY:Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit www.fairmontcareers.com to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resort we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities - throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific - as well as industry - leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award - winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
Primary Location: Azerbaijan-Baku-Fairmont Baku
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Colleague
Shift: Rotating / Shift Work
Closing Date: 17.Nov.2016, 2:59:00 PM
Req ID: AZE01021