Transamerica Lead Financial Analyst in Baltimore, Maryland
Job FamilyFinancial Analysis
Job Description SummaryPerforms accounting, financial reporting and analysis functions. Responsible for applying financial analysis knowledge and judgment to activities that are diverse and complex.Job Description
• Extracts financial data from various accounting and information systems to perform appropriate analyses.
• Analyzes financial data and defines relevant information; interprets data for the purpose of determining past financial performance and/or to project a financial result.
• Determines appropriate methodology to prepare information for use by others.
• May manage staff to achieve performance standards. Develops and motivates staff to achieve effectiveness; mentors, trains and shares knowledge. Ensures staff demonstrates appropriate customer service attitudes.
• Offers leadership and direction to others.
• Exhibits a thorough understanding of business and analysis concepts.
• Participate in monthly accounting processes to ensure accuracy and completeness of financial records.
• Recommends changes to processes to improve and achieve greater efficiencies.
• Utilizes a thorough understanding of the business to proactively develop financial reports and complex models for forecasting, trending and results analysis.
• Works effectively with other departments/divisions to ensure business issues are resolved for the success of the company. .
• Solves complex problems in creative ways; Significant initiative and independent judgment required; makes varied decisions; Operates with substantial latitude for un-reviewed action or decision; Typically plans, conducts and supervises assignments, reviews progress and evaluates results; Exhibits leadership skills; mentors employees across teams.
• Responsible for adherence to the company's framework of internal controls.
• Will support the health product reporting group.
• Job and compensation levels depend upon an applicant’s qualifications including the extent of his/her relevant experience and other job related factors and will be determined by hiring supervisors/managers and HR.
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance and/or equivalent work experience. Minimum of 8 years of experience with degree. Advanced computer skills.
1 year supervisory experience. Solid knowledge of accounting/financial area preferred (for example, insurance products, and premium). Ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing, ability to handle multiple projects, willingness to take on new projects, customer service approach, highly analytical. Work effectively individually and within a team, organizational and prioritization skills, effective judgment; address employee issues on a timely basis.
Fast paced deadline-driven office environment, occasional travel.
Why Work for Us
Total Rewards at Transamerica: It’s more than a paycheck.
Our comprehensive Total Rewards package is designed to help support you in many ways — throughout all stages of your life and career. We provide a competitive, market-driven program that encompasses base compensation, bonus potential, retirement, health and wellness benefits, learning and development opportunities, plus great employee perks. All designed with you in mind… to help you live your best life, grow personally and professionally - and feel valued for the work you do.
Learn more about our Total Rewards Package.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Transamerica Life Insurance Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant or employee because of age, religion, sex, gender identity, genetic information, race, color, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, participation in the uniformed services (e.g. U.S. Armed Forces, National Guard), physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local equal employment opportunities laws.
AEGON USA Realty Advisors, LLC, is an Equal Employment Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate against any applicant or employee because of age, religion, sex, gender identity, genetic information, race, color, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, participation in the uniformed services (e.g. U.S. Armed Forces, National Guard), physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local equal employment opportunities laws.
Applicants with physical or mental disabilities may be entitled to a form of reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state and local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will insure equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on the Transamerica Companies. Please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org if you are a job seeker with a disability, or are assisting someone with a disability, and require assistance to apply for one of our jobs.
If you experience technical problems during the application process, please email email@example.com.
At Transamerica, hard work, innovative thinking and personal accountability are qualities that we honor and reward. We understand the potential that is unleashed by leveraging the talents of a diverse workforce. We embrace an environment where employees enjoy a balance between their careers, families, communities and personal interests. Ultimately, we appreciate the uniqueness of a company where talented professionals work collaboratively in a positive environment focused on helping customers secure their long-term financial futures.
Transamerica is a part of AEGON, an international life insurance, pension, and asset management company. The AEGON companies employ approximately 28,000 people and have a strong presence in more than 20 countries across the globe. For more information, visit www.transamerica.com.