PAE, Inc Housekeeper in Basra, Iraq
Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
Housekeeper will be assigned at( Basrah )BSH, Iraq and will be associated with the Site Services section. The selected candidate will be responsible for performing house cleaning requirements throughout BSH compound. This position reports to the BSH Housing Supervisor.
Responsible for maintaining a safe workplace and ensuring that safety is the highest priority in the workplace.
Comply with all Environmental Health & Safety and Quality Assurance requirements and goals. Provide information and materials to these divisions as necessary to ensure adequate and legal documentation.
The duties and responsibilities listed below are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all inclusive.
• Housekeeping and cleaning services.
• Knowledge of the PAE rules and regulations as they apply to Housing operations, capability to work with a team, ability to work with PAE customers effectively and politely as well as handle emergency situations effectively.
• Participate in equipment inventories.
• Prepare and submit reports on scheduled, unscheduled and emergency house cleaning WO for the Lead Housekeeper.
• Prepare additional reports and perform additional duties as assigned by the Housing Supervisor.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
• Ability to work effectively with multi-national staff and demanding customers.
• A minimum of two years’ successful experience, in a house cleaning position, for an office and/or residential facility is preferred.
• Education: A high school diploma or equivalent education is required.
• Security Vetting: Already possess a Moderate Risk Public Trust (MRPT) or be able to obtain a favorable MRPT certification prior to being hired is required for the position. Must maintain eligibility at the required certification level for the duration of the contract.
• Language Skills: Strong, professional, oral and written English communication skills.
• Citizenship: US Citizenship is not required.
• Medical: Favorable passage of a drug screen and physical examination.
• Relevant overseas contract experience.
• Experience working with PAE.
OTHER KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Knowledge of all principles and processes involved in supporting contract responsibilities at an overseas facility.
• Experience providing excellent customer services.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment that requires handling multiple tasks at a given time and rapidly adapting to changing priorities and schedules.
• Cross-cultural sensitivity with an international perspective.
• Excellent organizational and time management skills.
• Expert computer skills, specifically in Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Ability to become an active and functioning member of a team.
• Must have the ability to be innovative and be an agent for change.
• Expert communication skills to facilitate and disseminate information.
Willingness and ability to deploy to Iraq for extended periods is required. Position may be located in a war zone in an environment with harsh and dangerous working and living conditions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may regularly be exposed to extreme and austere desert-like environment - temperatures can reach 120- 130 degrees Fahrenheit/50-55 degrees Celsius during the summer months. Must be willing and able to perform regular job requirements in this austere and extreme environment.
Must be willing and able to perform physical activities including but not limited to heavy lifting and moving of items, parts, assemblies and equipment up to the safety regulation maximum; climbing in and out of equipment; crawling; and working outdoors. This includes being able to lift and carry 40 pounds of personal protective equipment for extended periods of time; and being capable of running and ‘duck & cover’ during emergencies without putting oneself or others at risk.
Must successfully complete and pass the medical and dental examinations as required by PAE and our customer for deployment to Iraq. Must maintain physical and dental requirements for duration of deployment.
Must be able to work a minimum of 6 days per week and 10 hours per day, some jobs have higher daily and weekly minimums.
Must possess satisfactory English proficiency to meet job requirements and to adhere and comply with safety, health and security measures.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
PAE is a drug free workplace.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. PAE’s hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprint_poster.pdf
JOIN OUR TALENT NETWORK at http://www.jobs.net/jobs/pae/join
PAE is a leading provider of enduring support for the essential missions of the U.S. government, its allied partners and international organizations. With over 60 years of experience, PAE supports the execution of complex and critical missions by providing global logistics and stability operations, technical services and national security solutions to customers around the world. PAE has a workforce of approximately 15,000 people in over 60 countries on all seven continents and is headquartered in Arlington, VA.
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), should you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a currently open position with PAE, please call Recruiting at (703) 656-6064 or email email@example.com with "Disability Assistance" in the subject line.
Complete our survey to help us find more candidates like you! Click HERE at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/F2XWFFF