Veterans Affairs, Veterans Health Administration Licensed Practical Nurse in Batavia, New York
Veterans Affairs, Veterans Health Administration
Few vacancies in the following location:
- Batavia, NY
Work Schedule is Full Time - Excepted Service Permanent
Opened Friday 10/14/2016 (10 day(s) ago)
** Closes Friday 10/28/2016 (4 day(s) away)
Vacancy Identification Number (VIN):1826207 (Include on all documents)
WHO MAY APPLY: U.S. Citizens.
Our Mission: To fulfill President Lincoln's promise "To care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and his orphan" by serving and honoring the men and women who are America's Veterans.
The Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) needs employees who possess the energy, compassion, and commitment to serve those who serve our country. Whatever the job title, every position in VA will give you a chance to make a meaningful and personal contribution to the lives of truly special and deserving people - our Veterans. Working for VA is one of the most emotionally satisfying and professionally rewarding ways to dedicate the best within you to your Country's service.
If you are transitioning from the military or a Veteran already, we invite you to explore the benefits of continuing your career at the VA. The VA is committed to hiring Veterans.
The VA is much more than just another employer. It is an honorable, open and welcoming community of those who care. Gratitude is our motivation and service is our mission.
The VA has adopted Core Values and Characteristics that apply universally across the Department. The five Core Values define who we are, our culture, and how we care for Veterans, their families and other beneficiaries. The Values are Integrity, Commitment, Advocacy, Respect and Excellence (I CARE).
America's Veterans need you!
To find out more, go to http://www.va.gov/jobs/.
Licensed Practrical Nurses (LPN) work under the supervision of a Registered Nurse and desplay knowledge and ability in providing a full range of practrical nursing care to patients with a variety of physical and/or behavioral problems. LPNs serve as responsible members of the nursing team and interact with patients, family members, professional and supportive personnel who provide patient care. LPNs participate in the assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation of nursing care as appropriate to their area of assignment.
Tour of Duty: Variable shifts; subject to change based on Agency needs.
- Not Required
- You must be a U.S. citizen to apply for this job.
- Designated and/or random drug testing may be required.
- Subject to a background/suitability investigation.
- Must pass a pre-employment physical.
- Must possess a current unrestricted Licensed Practical Nursing license.
- Grade Determination:
- In addition to the basic requirements, the following qualification criteria must be met for each grade.The candidates qualifications must clearly demonstrate the level of competence required for the grade.
- (1)GS-3.None beyond the basic requirements.[LPNs at this grade level are expected to perform all duties within the scope of their license (e.g., medication administration); however, completed work may require routine or detailed higher level review depending upon the complexity of the duties involved.]
- *(2)GS-4.*[Employees may be appointed at or advanced to GS-4 if they meet any of the criteria in paragraphs 3b(2)(a) through (c) below:
- (a)Six months of qualifying experience as an LPN or LVN; or
- (b)Graduation from an approved school (which may be waived as provided in paragraph 4 of Section C) and one year of experience that involved nursing care work in a hospital, outpatient clinic, nursing home, or other supervised medical, nursing, or patient care facility that provided a practical knowledge of human body structure and sterile techniques and procedures; or
- (c)Graduation from an approved school of at least 24 months duration.
- **(d)LPNs at the GS-4 grade level perform all duties expected of employees at the GS-3 grade level; however, they are expected to exercise greater judgment, require less supervision, and to operate in accordance with all established policies, procedure, and techniques.]
- (a)Completion of at least 1 year of qualifying experience at the GS-4 level or equivalent.
- (b)Demonstrated knowledge and ability to provide a full range of practical nursing care to patients with a variety of physical and/or behavioral problems.[Works with the RN and/or MD/DO to appropriately orient/train less experienced LPNs/LVNs and/or Nursing Assistants (NAs)/Health Technicians (HTs) in relation to acceptable standards of practice in promoting optimal patient care delivery.Provides effective education to patients and/or family members in relation to common disease processes, medication, and /or prescribed treatment regimes.]
- (c)Demonstrated ability to serve as a responsible member of the nursing team and interact [in an appropriate manner] with patients, family members, professional and [other] supportive personnel [involved in the delivery of] patient care, [incorporating acceptable, established customer service standards into practice.
- (d)Knowledge and skill sufficient to prepare, administer, and appropriately document actions taken specific to commonly prescribed oral, topical, subcutaneous, intramuscular, and/or intravenous medications as permitted by approved local facility policies and procedures.Observation and documentation will include patients response to medication administered and the reporting of any noted change in patients condition to RN or MD/DO.
- (e)Knowledge and ability to recognize the need for and to institute emergency measures when indicated, promptly seek the assistance of the RN or MD/DO, and assist in resuscitation procedures in cardiac and/or pulmonary arrest.
- (f)Recognizes and appropriately responds to breakage/malfunction or loss of equipment, safety hazards, and supply deficiencies, promptly reporting to appropriate personnel for corrective action.
- (g)Completed work is under the general supervision of an RN or MD/DO.Individuals at this grade level are expected to have a broad working knowledge of practical nursing procedures.However, completion of more complex practices or procedures may be subject to closer higher-level review.
- Preferred experience:
- Previous LPN Experience preferred
APPLICANTS PLEASE NOTE: Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications (particularly positions with a positive education requirement.) Therefore, applicants must report only attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. Applicants can verify accred-itation at the following website: http://www.ed.gov/admins/finaid/accred/index.html All education claimed by applicants will be verified by the appointing agency accordingly. * If you are using foreign education to meet qualification requirements, you must send a Certificate of Foreign Equivalency with your transcript in order to receive credit for that education. *
Public Trust - Background Investigation
What To Expect Next
After we receive your complete application package (including all required documents), your qualifications will be reviewed and assigned an initial rating. We will also review your application to make sure that your résumé supports the answers given in the questionnaire. If your résumé does not support your questionnaire answers, we will adjust your rating accordingly. Based on your ranking or numerical score, you may be referred to the hiring manager for further consideration and possible interview. You will be notified when your rating is determined.
Working for the Department of Veterans Affairs offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes, in part, paid vacation, sick leave, holidays, life insurance, health benefits, and participation in the Federal Employees Retirement System. In addition to traditional "dollars and cents" benefits, we offer a range of benefits to help balance work and life. For more information please visit us at http://www4.va.gov/jobs/jobbenefits/benefits.asp.
The Department of Veterans Affairs offers Permanent Change of Station (PCS) relocation services. Permanent Change of Station is the relocation of a household due to government convenience in connection with a transfer between duty stations or facilities. For more information go to http://vaww.fscdirect.fsc.va.gov/pcs.asp.
The Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP) *and *Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP) provide eligible displaced Federal competitive service employees with selection priority over other candidates for competitive service vacancies. To be qualified you must submit appropriate documentation and be found well-qualified (have a final rating of 90 or more before any veterans preference points) for this vacancy. Information about ICTAP and CTAP eligibility is on OPM's Career Transition Resources website at http://www.opm.gov/rif/employeeguides/careertransition.asp#ctap.
Receiving Service Credit for Earning Annual (Vacation) Leave: Federal Employees earn annual leave at a rate (4, 6 or 8 hours per pay period) which is based on the number of years they have served as a Federal employee. VA may offer newly-appointed Federal employees credit for their job-related non-federal experience or active duty uniformed military service. This credited service can be used in determining the rate at which they earn annual leave.
*INTERVIEWS: *Any interviews that may be conducted for this position will use the Performance Based Interviewing (PBI) process. Further information is available at www.va.gov/pbi.
Probation: Position is subject to a one (1) year probationary period.
The Federal Government has special appointing authorities for persons with qualifying disabilities(go to http://www.opm.gov/disability/peoplewithdisabilities.asp
Salary Range: $30,153.00 to $49,232.00 / Per Year
Series & Grade: GS-0620-03/05
Promotion Potential: 05
Supervisory Status: No
Who May Apply: United States Citizens
Control Number: 453477700
Job Announcement Number: 528-17AQ-1826207-BK-BU