Cognosante Deputy Project Manager in Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Title: Deputy Project Manager
Location: Baton Rouge
The Deputy Project Manager shall be present full-time at the Cognosante’s primary Baton Rouge location, with one-hundred percent (100%) dedication to the contract’s implementation, and be responsible for all activity associated with implementation, operation, and maintenance of the contract from the contract award date until contract end. The candidate will report to the Project Director.
The Deputy Project Manager has responsibility for project functions such as workforce management, customer service operations, and inbound and outbound systems and infrastructure coordination. The deputy manages the planning and delivery of contractual requirements, manages corresponding resources, ensuring that project outcomes are delivered timely and consistently with quality and proficiency. The deputy participates in and contribute to the management of key project functions such as contract management, financial management, and client relationship management.
Key responsibilities include:
- Contract performance management
- Forecast and budget management
- Hiring and staff planning management
- Client relationship and expectation management
- Subcontractor/vendor performance management
- Managing communication, coordination and performance of other stakeholders as needed
- Be responsible for coordination of activities and allocation of resources
- In close collaboration with the Project Manager, ensure the project is in continuous contractual compliance (e.g., Service Level Agreements (SLAs), reporting requirements, etc.) as well as meeting or exceeding agreed upon client commitments
- Contribute to setting required project pace by defining corresponding project and individual responsibilities, objectives, tasks, schedules, and outputs
- Directly contribute to and share the responsibility for the project performance by planning, securing, monitoring and adjusting project resources (people, budget, material, time)
- Manage project risks and issues: root cause analysis, implementation of corrective/preventive actions, compliance with ISO/CMMI audit management, and continual process improvement efforts
- Assume project oversight responsibility in the Project Manager’s absence
- Create and sustain a culture that encourages high performance of individuals and teams
- Possess a Bachelors’ degree from an accepted and accredited college or university
- Have 5 years' experience in successfully leading and managing large-scale, complex implementations
- Be knowledgeable of programs administered by the Louisiana Department of Social Services, including geographic and demographic environments.
Candidates that do not meet the minimum qualifications will not be considered.
- Have in-depth working knowledge of two or programs administered by the Louisiana Department of Social Services
- PMP certified preferred
- Experience working with client vision, business objectives, and critical success factors
- Experienced with modern contact center technology (e.g. ACD, IVR, CRM, WFM) preferred
- Experience with large operational start-up and/or transitions
- Strong leadership aptitude to foster a positive work environment that considers the dynamics of physical, social, psychological, and environmental factors
- Strong interpersonal skills to build client rapport and develop/discipline/reward employees
- Ability to handle ambiguity and change
We’re on a mission to transform our country’s healthcare system.
Each of our 1,700+ colleagues across the United States plays a role in transforming the lives of millions of Americans. This mission drives us - and it adds meaning to what we do, each and every day. Our passion for serving public health programs, and for engaging consumers more directly with the healthcare system, runs deep.
Passion for what we do. Pride in how we do it.
Cognosante was founded to address a critical gap in the health IT market – the need for a smart, nimble company, unencumbered by legacy systems and unafraid to challenge accepted wisdom. Experience grounds us; innovation drives us. For almost 30 years, we’ve worked to find progressive solutions to complex problems.
We help state Medicaid agencies navigate healthcare reform. We provide community-based assistance to Americans as they enroll in healthcare coverage. And we dream of, design, and develop IT solutions meant to disrupt the status quo and connect the dots between patients, plans, providers, and payers. We are the best minds on health - and we’re looking to grow our team.
Are you ready to make a difference in the lives of millions? Join us.
Highlighted Benefits for Full-time Employees
•Medical • Dental • Vision • 401k • Flexible Spending Accounts • Paid Time Off • Work/Life Solutions • Pet Insurance
Cognosante is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.