Washington State Construction Oversight Specialist in Bellevue, Washington
This is open to current qualified and competitive WSDOT permanent employees only.
The Opportunity: Are you prepared to make a positive contribution to the SR520 Evergreen Point Floating Bridge and Landings Design- Build Project as part of a dynamic team? Do you like to keep your day interesting and work in the field and at a desk? If you like to perform, plan, schedule, direct, and monitor all aspects of inspection activities, this opportunity at the Bellevue Office may be what you are looking for!
The Quality Organization of the SR 520 Project is currently looking to hire a Construction Oversight Specialist who will be responsible for managing all aspects of the State Design-Build Quality verification team, review submittals and make recommendations to the Project Engineer regarding acceptance of work and work plans for the SR520 Floating Bridge.
The top internal candidate selected for this position must be self-motivated, able to work with minimal supervision, exercise judgment, be willing to learn and able to thrive as a member of a high-performing team, and provide training and development to their staff.
This position will also perform the following work*:*
- Manage the WSDOT Quality Verification Team, provide direction and training
- Review and comment on Design-Builder Work Plan submittals
- Facilitate the fast paced development of Design-Build WSDOT review and comment process
- Participate in Design-Build taskforce meetings
- Advised the Project Engineer and other senior management on technical issues related to the Floating Bridge Construction
- Review monthly progress payment invoices
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and abilities:
- Knowledge WSDOT procedures and practices for construction inspection and testing
- Ability to work independently as well as with a team
- Working knowledge of engineering principles and practices
- Experience leading and training a team
- A valid driver's license
- Ability to walk on uneven terrain or steep slopes and climb ladders in all weather conditions
- Ability to perform inspection duties within confined spaces and at times over water
- Available to work nights and weekends when needed
How to Apply:
Applications for this recruitment will be accepted electronically. Please click on the apply button on this announcement. To be considered for this position you will need to answer the supplemental questions. The responses to the Supplemental Questions must be reflected in the "work experience" of the application. Be prepared to provide references at the time of interview.
For inquiries about this position, please contact Fereti Sa'auat 206-440-4068 or email to email@example.com*.* Please reference recruitment number 2016-NWR-158.
The Washington State Department of Transportation is an equal opportunity employer. Women, racial and ethnic minorities, persons of disability, persons over 40 years of age, and disabled and Vietnam era veterans are encouraged to apply. Persons with disabilities needing assistance in the application process, or those needing this job announcement in an alternative format may call the Office of Human Resources, at 360.705.7042 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Type: Agency Internal - Permanent
Job Number: 2016-NWR-158
Department: Dept. of Transportation
Closing: 10/27/2016 11:59 PM Pacific
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504.
Salary: $61,512.00 - $80,724.00 Annually
Location: King County – Bellevue, WA