Pineapple Hospitality Company Controller in Bellevue, Washington
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Reporting directly to the Chief Financial Officer, the Controller is responsible for overseeing the full accounting cycle with continuous review and improvement of internal controls and cross-team collaboration. The Controller is responsible for developing, growing and managing the Accounting team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages the accuracy and productivity of day-to-day activities of accounts payable, cash disbursement, invoicing/billing, credits and collections, payroll, fixed asset records, general & entity accounting, cost accounting, etc.
- Ensures appropriate controls and procedures are documented and followed across the company, and that accounting functions are performed in compliance with legal and regulatory guidelines.
- Monitors cash balances and ensures proper cash forecasts and reporting.
- Prepares, or directs preparation of bank compliance documents, private investor reporting requirements, quarterly tax estimates based on financial statements, and periodic benchmarking data requests.
- Safeguards assets and ensures accurate and timely recording of all transactions by implementing disciplines of internal audits, controls and checks across all departments.
- Spearheads proactive identification, analysis, communication and resolution of key operational issues.
- Analyzes, maintains and revises existing practices and processes to drive operational efficiencies.
- Collaborates with other teams in company-wide planning, development and operational processes. Builds strong working relationships with internal teams including sales & marketing, property management, operations, finance and human resources.
- Interfaces with outside audit firms(s), banks and lessors, credit card companies, and collection agencies.
- Completes other projects and duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or a related field. CPA license is strongly preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years of related experience is required.
- A minimum of 5 years of supervisory experience is required.
- Prior hospitality industry experience is required.
- Experience with multi-unit, multi-state organizations is strongly preferred.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Strong general management skills, including time management, information analysis, planning and organizing, decision making, problem solving, and delivery of results.
- Strong financial management skills, including budget management, expense control, forecasting and analysis of financial statements.
- Strong people management skills, including coaching, motivating, delegating, scheduling and relationship-building.
- Strong negotiating and influencing skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate information to various levels of the organization.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to deal with highly sensitive matters with professionalism, discretion and tact.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel.
Competitive salary and benefits + a generous amount of Paid Time Off
Division: Pineapple Hospitality Company
Shift: -not applicable-
Location: Pineapple Hospitality Company