Entegee Design Engineer - 52995680 - SB in Beltsville, Maryland
Design Engineer - 52995680 - SB
Job Code: 52995680Job Location: Beltsville, MDCategory: Mechanical EngineeringLast Updated: 08/29/2016Apply Now!
• Contributes to the design of major Integrated Thermal Systems components or major portions of a functional system to develop or improve products and facilitate manufacturing operations.
• Utilizes computer-aided design (CAD) equipment, develops basic data and makes preliminary layouts, sketches and notes necessary to present design proposals to internal and external customers.
• Creates layouts and drawings of complex assemblies and details parts of devices, mechanisms, and structures.
• Investigates pertinent design factors such as ease of manufacture, availability of materials and equipment, interchangeability, strength-weight efficiency, and contractual specification requirements and cost.
• Checks completed layouts and drawings for clarity, completeness, conformity to standards, procedures, specifications, and accuracy of calculations and dimensioning.
• Identifies design errors, omissions, and other deficiencies, and recommends revisions and/or improvements in design layout to fellow responsible engineers or designers.
• Supports development of technical solutions to complex problems which require regular use of ingenuity and creativity.
• Applies current technology and aids in the development of new technologies.
• Interacts with senior internal and external personnel on significant technical matters often requiring coordination between organizations.
• BS in Engineering and 7 years minimum of relevant industry experience required
or Masters in Engineering and 5 years minimum of relevant industry experience required
•Position may be filled at one level lower to include candidates with a Bachelor’s in Engineering with 4 years of relevant experience or a Masters in Engineering with 2 years of relevant experience.
Skills / Experience
• CAD solid modeling in Pro-E and drafting experience required
• Experience with Teamcenter a plus
• Experienced with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Ability to clearly present technical information
• Strong customer service skills
• Able to work seated/standing at a desk in five hour increments.
• Requires repetitive arm, hand, and wrist movements in five hour increments.
• Occasionally lift up to 25 pounds.
For more information about this position, please contact the Entegee New Hope, MN office at 763-577-9000 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please reference job # 52995680SB
Equal Opportunity Employer