Veterans Affairs, Veterans Health Administration Supervisory Prosthetic Representative in Big Spring, Texas
Veterans Affairs, Veterans Health Administration
1 vacancy in the following location:
- Big Spring, TX
Work Schedule is Full Time - Permanent
Opened Friday 9/2/2016 (174 day(s) ago)
** Closes Friday 9/1/2017 (190 day(s) away)
Vacancy Identification Number (VIN): 1794142
OUR MISSION: To fulfill President Lincoln's promise "To care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and his orphan" by serving and honoring the men and women who are America's Veterans. How would you like to become a part of a team providing compassionate care to Veterans?
For more information on the Department of Veterans Affairs, go to http://www.vacareers.va.gov/
VA encourages persons with disabilities to apply. The health related positions in VA are covered by Title 38, and are not covered by the Schedule A excepted appointment authority.
- The West Texas VA Health Care System (WTVAHCS) provides a variety of patient care services, with state-of-the-art technology as well as offering numerous educational programs. Outpatient services include: Ambulatory Care, Mental Health, Women's Health, Transition and Care Management, Home Based Primary Care, Tele-Health, Anticoagulation Clinics, Ophthalmology, and Dentistry. Skilled nursing care and acute rehabilitation is provided in the Community Living Center, with specialty referrals to other VISN 17 facilities and community services. Staffed with approximately 600 employees, the facility serves counties in West Texas and New Mexico area, with a Veteran population of approximately 57,000. The WTVAHCS is part of the VA Heart of Texas Health Care Network, VISN 17 and is centrally located at the crossroads of Interstate 20 and Highway 87 in Big Spring, Texas with Community Based Outpatient Clinics (CBOC's) located in Abilene, Odessa, San Angelo, Ft. Stockton, Texas and Hobbs, New Mexico.
- Big Spring, "The Crossroads of West Texas" is home of the newly restored historic "Settles Hotel", "The Spring", and home of the National Championship Howard College Hawks Basketball and Baseball teams. With a growing economy, our city has many new businesses locating in the area offering more shopping and family orientated attractions. Big Spring is centrally located within driving range of the following communities Midland, Odessa, San Angelo, Abilene, and Lubbock, Texas.
- PLEASE READ THE ENTIRE ANNOUNCEMENT CAREFULLY BEFORE APPLYING ONLINE!! APPLY ONLINE OR BY FOLLOWING THE FAX INSTRUCTIONS LOCATED IN THE "HOW TO APPLY" SECTION. YOUR APPLICATION PACKAGE MUST BE COMPLETE TO INCLUDE ALL REQUIRED DOCUMENTATION (SEE "REQUIRED DOCUMENTS" SECTION) TO RECEIVE FULL CONSIDERATION FOR THIS POSITION.
- INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS will receive a rating of ineligible due to missing forms. Requests for reconsideration of ratings will not be considered for applicants who fail to submit a complete application package (including licensure if required). We cannot be held responsible for incompatible software, incomplete uploads or fax transmissions.
- Every job at the VA impacts the Veterans that we serve. You can be part of that team, helping to make sure that our Veterans receive the top-quality care they deserve.
This position is the Supervisory Prosthetic Representative assigned to oversee the Prosthetics and Sensory Aids Service for The West Texas VA Health Care System at the George H. O'Brien, Jr. VA Medical Center, Big Spring, TX. The duties of the Supervisory Prosthetic Representative Prosthetic (Chief) are to administer, supervise, or perform work concerned with rendering prosthetic and sensory aids services to disabled patients. Included in this series is such work as: (1) Planning, developing, and directing a Prosthetic and Sensory Aids Program at the West Texas VA Health Care System. (2) Serving as an advisor to clinicians with regard to selection, prescription, and acquisition of prosthetic devices
involving furnishing information concerning such matters as new developments in the field of prosthetics and sources of
supply for such devices; (3) Interpreting prescriptions of clinicians in order to make certain that proper prosthetic devices are selected for, or
by, the patients; (4) Authorizing the purchase, fabrication or repair of prosthetic devices; (5) Maintaining continuous liaison with manufacturers and dealers of prosthetic supplies, inspecting their facilities and
services and participating in the award of prosthetic appliance contracts; (6) Participating in investigative/research project studies by selecting patients as pilot wearer of newly developed
prosthetic items, evaluating the usefulness of such items and compiling of data; and (7) Giving technical and administrative advice and assistance on prosthetic problems to other facilities.
This work requires the application and interpretation of laws concerning benefits available to disabled patients and of the
regulations, procedures and practices based thereon and, in addition, a specialized knowledge of the medical and
psychological problems directly related to the use of prosthetic devices; and a specialized knowledge and understanding of
the fabrication and satisfactory fitting of prosthetic devices. The administrative aspects of the work require an understanding of statistics, budgeting, contracting, procurement, human resources, the National Prosthetic Patient Database, inventory management and a knowledge of the Prosthetic national software package. All other assigned duties.
Recruitment/relocation incentive may be authorized for this position. If incentive is approved, it comes with a 2 year service agreement and is not paid out until incumbent is employed with facility.
This is an open continuous announcement. Although the closing date reflects a future date, this position is only open until filled. Applications for this position will be reviewed every 10 workdays.
This position is in the Excepted Service and does not confer competitive status. This is a hybrid position, qualification and pay setting is at the discretion of a Professional Standard Board.
Work Schedule: Typical work schedule is Monday through Friday, 8:00am to 4:30pm. However position may require work beyond this schedule and travel.
Functional statement containing the full duties of the position is on file at the facility. Physical Requirements: Work is principally sedentary, however some slight physical effort maybe necessary.
- Occasional Travel
- Occasional travel may be required for training or meeting purposes.
- U. S. Citizenship
- Must pass pre-employment examination
- English Language Proficiency required
- Designated and-or Random Drug Testing required
- Background and-or Security Investigation required
- U.S. citizenship.
- Have at least three years of experience that demonstrates: knowledge of accounting methods; ability to
analyze, comprehend, and apply decisions; basic knowledge of inventory management procedures; ability to use computer software packages for word processing, spreadsheet development, and database management ability to compile, research, analyze, comprehend, and apply information or data; and ability to work as a team member in a group setting.
- Have education equivalent to a bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college.
- Have equivalent combinations of experience and education that are qualifying.
GRADE DETERMINATIONS:To be qualified at the GS-13 level, you must have one full year of specialized experience at the GS-12 level. Specialized experience is experience gained that is related to the position to be filled and which has equipped the candidate with particular knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position, and that is typically in or closely related to the work of the position. Specifically experience in a high level prosthetic services position.
In addition to the above you must be able to demonstrate that you have the knowledge, skills or abilities to perform the below KSAs:
*Ability to understand the unique characteristics of sites for which responsible.
*Skill to participate in VISN/facility initiatives, workgroups, and/or committees.
*Ability to draft and/or recommend VISN/facility policies and/or directives.
*Knowledge of national initiatives and/or intra-agency workgroups or committees.
*Ability to implement national policies over multiple facilities.
APPLICANTS PLEASE NOTE: Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications (particularly positions with a positive education requirement.) Therefore, applicants must report only attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. Applicants can verify accreditation at the following website: http://www.ed.gov/admins/finaid/accred/index.html All education claimed by applicants will be verified by the appointing agency accordingly. If you are using foreign education to meet qualification requirements, you must send a Certificate of Foreign Equivalency with your transcript in order to receive credit for that education.
When applying for Federal Jobs, eligible Veterans should claim preference on their application or résumé. Applicants claiming preference based on service-connected disability, or based on being the spouse or mother of a disabled or deceased Veteran, must complete an SF 15, Application for 10-Point Veteran Preference. Veterans who are still in the service may be granted tentative preference on the basis of information contained in their applications, but they must produce a DD Form 214 or other proof prior to appointment to document entitlement to preference. For more information on Veterans' Preference, please visit http://www.fedshirevets.gov/job/veterans.aspx.
What To Expect Next
After we receive your complete application package (including any required documents), your qualifications will be reviewed to decide if you meet the basic requirements. You will be notified when this decision is made.
Working for the Department of Veterans Affairs offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes, in part, paid vacation, sick leave, holidays, life insurance, health benefits, thrift savings plan, and participation in the Federal Employees Retirement System. In addition to traditional "dollars and cents" benefits, we offer a range of benefits to help balance work and life. For more information please visit us at http://www.va.gov/JOBS/JobBenefits/benefits.asp.
This job opportunity announcement may be used to fill additional vacancies.
This position is in the Excepted Service and does not confer competitive status.
The Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP) and Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP) provides eligible displaced Federal competitive service employees with selection priority over other candidates for competitive service vacancies. To be qualified, you must submit appropriate documentation and be found well-qualified for this vacancy. Information about CTAP and ICTAP eligibility is on OPM's Career Transition Resources website at http://www.opm.gov/rif/employeeguides/careertransition.asp .
Placement Policy: The posting of this announcement does not obligate management to fill a vacancy or vacancies by promotion. The position may be filled by reassignment, change to lower grade, transfer, appointment, or reinstatement. Management may use any one or any combination of these methods to fill the position.
This job announcement may be used to fill additional vacancies.
Receiving Service Credit for Earning Annual (Vacation) Leave: Federal Employees earn annual leave at a rate (4, 6 or 8 hours per pay period) which is based on the number of years they have served as a Federal employee. VA may offer newly-appointed Federal employees credit for their job-related non-federal experience or active duty uniformed military service. This credited service can be used in determining the rate at which they earn annual leave.
Salary Range: $84,443.00 to $109,781.00 / Per Year
Series & Grade: GS-0672-13/13
Supervisory Status: Yes
Who May Apply: United States Citizens
Control Number: 449626500
Job Announcement Number: VHA-519-16-NR1794142tdt