Entegee Senior Electrical Engineer in Bismarck, North Dakota
Senior Electrical Engineer
Job Code: 51244894Job Location: Bismarck, NDCategory: Electrical EngineeringLast Updated: 10/25/2016Apply Now!
The Senior Electrical Engineer plays a key role in the successful execution of projects.
• Providing technical and engineering excellence, as well as successful delivery of work to our customers.
• The Senior Electrical Engineer is responsible for a high level of customer satisfaction by ensuring expectations are clearly communicated and managed – both externally and internally.
• The successful candidate will also contribute to a dynamic team environment by being proactive.
• This person will also actively support the business development process, through the writing of proposals and meeting with prospective and current customers.
• Designs one or more of the following: power distribution systems (primary requirement), size motor feeders and starters.
• Prepares engineering documents and equipment specifications to meet contracted scope of work and to ensure application of Electrical Engineering Principles (e.g. Ohms’ law, selective coordination, grounding, harmonics, etc.).
• Possesses a basic understanding of Architectural, Electrical, Civil and Structural Engineering construction practices.
• Has strong knowledge of Codes (e.g. NEC, NFPA, IBC, Life Safety Code, etc.).
• Designs lighting systems (interior, exterior, landscape, specialty).
• Develops estimates for assigned scope of work, and is accountable for ensuring we stay within scope.
• Creates project plan and schedule for execution of work.
• May serve as project manager for complete projects, when assigned.
• Supports the business development process through input to proposals, meeting and interviewing with prospective customers, etc.
• Provides work direction to other team members, including subcontractors, as assigned.
• Approves final equipment selections and drawing submittals.
• Provides technical and engineering support to other departments/disciplines.
• Bachelors’ degree in Electrical Engineering and a Professional Engineering registration in Minnesota are required. P.E. registration in other upper-Midwest states is highly desirable.
• LEED Certification, while not a requirement, would be highly preferred.
• The successful candidate will have demonstrated a strong proficiency in LEED design in their core discipline.
• Ideally, the person filling this position will have strong electrical design experience across a variety of commercial buildings (retail, office, schools).
• This person will have strong interpersonal skills to enable effective interaction with Designers, Engineers and Project Managers.
• The level of seasoning we are looking for likely comes with a minimum of 8-10 years of experience following graduation.
• Effective meeting management skills, strong attention to detail, and responsive to quick changes in direction.
• Ability to establish rapport and credibility with customers and other stakeholders.
Equal Opportunity Employer
For more information about this position, please contact the Entegee New Hope, MN office at
763-577-9000 or Plymouth@entegee.com.
Please reference job # 51244894JA