Indian Health Service Dental Officer DE in Bloomfield, New Mexico
Indian Health Service
1 vacancy in the following location:
- Bloomfield, NM
Work Schedule is Full Time - Permanent
Opened Friday 9/30/2016 (23 day(s) ago)
** Closes Friday 12/30/2016 (68 day(s) away)
The Indian Health Service (IHS) is the principal federal health care provider and health advocate for American Indians and Alaska Natives (AI/AN). The IHS goal is to raise Indian health status to the highest possible level. IHS provides leadership and direction to programs and activities designed to improve health outcomes to over 1.9 million AI/AN through a system of IHS, Tribal, and Urban operated facilities and programs.
The IHS is required by law to give absolute preference to qualified applicants who meet the Secretary of the Interior's definition of Indian for appointment to vacancies within the IHS in accordance with established IHS policy as outlined in the Indian Health Manual Part 7, Chapter 3. The IHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position is being announced concurrently under Excepted Service Examining Plan/Merit Promotion Plan (ESEP/MPP) procedures. Please review vacancy announcement number IHS-R1-NJ-1612167-ESEP/MP for eligibility requirements.
NOTE: Applicants must apply separately for each announcement in order to be considered
This position is located in the Branch of Dental Services, Dzilth-Na-O-Dith-Hle Health Center (DZHC), Bloomfield, New Mexico.
The purpose of this position is to provide advanced dentistry services in accordance with the Indian Health Service policies.
This position reports to the Supervisory Dental Officer.
This position is being re-advertised to solicit additional applications. Applicants who applied previously need not reapply unless submitting updated and/or missing information.
- Independently examine, diagnose, and treat commonly encountered dental diseases or dental health problems.
- Diagnose Mal-occlusions, pathological or irregular conditions and ensure proper referral of patients for evaluation or specialty care.
- Provide all appropriate dental disease prevention measures for each patient treated.
- Ensure appropriate medical records are maintained and updated in a timely manner.
- Participate in the development and maintenance of public relations with other health disciplines and tribal health groups, as well as the community.
- Communicate effectively with patients and families with multiple dental and health problems and of different backgrounds.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Occasional Travel
- Occasional travel may be required for training and/or other work related duties.
- Relocation expenses are authorized and will be paid. You will be required to sign a one year service agreement. Failure to fulfill the one year service agreement, may result in repayment of relocation expenses.
- The selected applicant will be subject to a pre-employment background
- investigation, which will include a fingerprint check.
- If applicable-Selective Service registration (Males born after 12/31/59)
- U.S. Citizenship is required
To qualify for this position, your resume must reflect sufficient experience and/or education, to perform the duties of the position for which you are applying. Your resume is key in evaluating your experience, as they relate to this position. Therefore, we encourage you to be clear and specific when describing your work experience.
Education:Degree in dental surgery (D.D.S.) or dental medicine (D.M.D.) from a school approved by the Council on Dental Education, American Dental Association (ADA); or other dental school, provided the education and knowledge acquired was substantially equivalent to that of graduates from an ADA-approved school.
Licensure: Applicants must be currently licensed to practice dentistry in a State, the District of Columbia, or Puerto Rico.
Applicants who meet the basic requirements qualify for GS-11.
Medical Requirements: Applicants must be able to distinguish shades of color.
The selected individual is required to obtain and maintain medical staff clinical privileges, including any licensure requirements. If privileges are not obtained or maintained during employment, the employee will be subject to adverse actions, up to and including removal from Federal service.
You must meet the requirements of the job by 11:59 pm (Eastern Standard Time) of the closing date: Friday, December 30, 2016
Q - Nonsensitive
What To Expect Next
Once the online questionnaire is received you will receive an acknowledgement email that your submission was successful. Applicant MUST verify the completeness and successful submission of their applications by logging into the USAJobs Application Manager to check the Status. Your qualifications for the job will be reviewed against other applicants to determine, if you will be referred to the hiring manager for further consideration and possible interviews. We will notify you of the outcome after each of these steps have been completed. After making a tentative job offer, we will conduct a suitability/security background investigation.
You will no longer need to call the HR Office to determine your application status. USAJOBS has added an alert setting to their system to provide status updates for applicants. You can elect to activate the status updates from your USAJOBS profile at any point during the application process.
If all required documentation is not submitted with your application you will lose consideration. It is the applicants responsibility to verify that information and documents entered, uploaded, or faxed is received, legible and accurate. HR will not modify answers submitted by an applicant.
Indian Health Service is an Equal Opportunity Employer
You can review our benefits at https://help.usajobs.gov/index.php/PayandBenefits
Additional selection(s) of candidates may be possible within 90 days from the date the certificate of eligibles was issued for this announcement.
A one-year probationary period may be required upon selection/placement.
Government Housing available
Recruitment incentive may be authorized.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Security Clearance: If you are selected for this vacancy, you must undergo a fingerprint check. Fingerprint results must be cleared prior to hire. You will receive instructions on how to obtain and submit fingerprints. After you begin your employment, your continued employment is contingent upon the outcome of a complete background investigation as determined by the sensitivity level of your position. The investigation must find that you are suitable for Federal employment in your position. If you are found not suitable, you will be terminated after you begin work. If you make a false statement in any part of your application, you may not be hired; you may be fired after you begin work; or subject to possible criminal charges.
- Measles and Rubella immunization required for selectee born after 1957.
- The selected individual is required to obtain and maintain medical staff clinical privileges, including any licensure requirements. If privileges are not obtained or maintained during employment, the employee will be subject to adverse actions, up to and including removal from Federal service.
- This position is covered under the Indian Child Protection Act and is hereby designated an authorized child care position subject to Public Law 101-630 and Public Law 101-647.
IHS - Operated Properties are tobacco free
Salary Range: $98,967.00 to $215,000.00 / Per Year
Series & Grade: GS-0680-11/11
Supervisory Status: No
Control Number: 452191900
Job Announcement Number: IHS-R1-NJ-1553938-DE