US Foods Produce QA Inspector in Boca Raton, Florida
- Communicate daily with the buyers and warehouse manager on all issues related to perishable items. Make recommendations on dump and damage or repackaging.
- Verify Purchase Order quantities and inspect quality for all inbound perishable loads.
- Inspect all inbound trucks for signs of pest and rodents before unloading.
- Ensure compliance with all Standard Operating Procedures pertaining to receiving, storage, and shipping. Identify any issues to warehouse management.
- Document temperatures of all inbound loads and report to warehouse manager and buyers any violations.
- Responsible for proper rotation for all produce inventory and various perishable items.
- Perform daily quality inspections for all fresh produce items.
- Perform daily date checks and pull all out dated product from pick and reserve slots.
- Complete daily dump and damage report and give to warehouse supervisor or inventory control.
- Other duties as assigned.
EOE Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Minimum 2 years Produce or other Perishable Receiving and Inspection Experience Required,Knowledge of USDA Grades and Standards Required.
Must be able to operate electric pallet jack and forklift, must work well without close supervision, must have ability to work in a cold environment, must have good oral and written communication skills
Primary Location: Boca Raton-FL
Schedule: Full-time Shift: Day Job
Job Function: Quality Assurance
Job Level: Individual Contributor