College of Western Idaho Certified Dental Assisting Adjunct Instructor in Boise, Idaho
Certified Dental Assisting Adjunct Instructor
FLSA STATUS: *Non-Exempt, Hourly *
*DEPARTMENT: *Certified Dental Assisting Program
*RESPONSIBLE TO: *Assistant Dean, Health Professions
This is a part-time position, for the Fall Semester. The primary role of this position is instruct student in dental materials.
This position does require the candidate to have taken a course in education methodology and will involve teaching.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
- Create an engaging and safe learning environment for students while teaching dental materials. These skills include but are not limited to:
- Mixing alginate impression material
- Mixing Gypsum products
- Pouring up impression with plaster and stone
- Trimming stone and plaster models
- Mixing cements
- Placement of Tofflemire and matrix bands
- Placement of the Rubber Dam
- Preparing the anesthetic syringe
- Taking vitals
- Other duties as assigned
- Certified in CPR and First Aid
- Current CDA certification
- Assisted in the dental profession for 1 year
- Completed a course in education methodology
SUCCESS FACTORS (KSAs)
The attributes listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to be successful in this position.
- Ability to take direction well
- Ability to effectively communicate to students and Instructors
- Knowledge of dental assisting procedures, processes, and materials
- Knowledge and ability to effectively work within a teaching environment
The working environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is usually working indoors, which means exposure to heating or air conditioning. There may be some outdoor exposure when transferring between locations. The noise level in the work environment is generally quiet, but varies based upon activity.
Tracking Code: 338-801
Salary Range: DOE