The Mosaic Company Locomotive Mechanic in Bowling Green, Florida
Who is Mosaic?
The Mosaic Company (www.mosaicco.com), NYSE: MOS, headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota, is a $10 billion company that stands alone as one of the world's leading producers of concentrated phosphate and potash crop nutrients. Our world-class mining and processing operations produce the highest quality fertilizer and animal feed ingredients. As a global leader in nourishing crops and delivering distinctive value to the world's agriculture, Mosaic offers an opportunity to share in an exciting future.
What are our Values?
We consider our employees to be our most valued ingredient. Mosaic employees are richly diverse in their skills, experience and backgrounds. From engineering, operations, finance, HR, marketing and research, our team came to Mosaic not just for a job but a career that makes a positive impact on the world by nourishing the crops our growing population needs.
Are you our next Locomotive Mechanic?
We are currently seeking a Locomotive Mechanic for our Four Corners facility located at 4 Corners Mine Rd Parrish, FL 34219. The Locomotive Mechanic will be responsible for making mechanical and pneumatic repairs to all Mosaic locomotive equipment. Must be able to perform preventative maintenance on EMD style locomotive including 645E engines, 26-L air brake systems and truck assemblies with other peripheral equipment. Must be able to remove, disassemble, repair and reassemble and replace whole or partial components and be able to weld and use a torch. Must have a valid Florida Driver’s license and be able to obtain a Class “B” CDL.
What will you do?
- Make mechanical and pneumatic repairs to locomotives
- Perform preventative maintenance on locomotives
- Be vigilant of issues and conditions that can affect their fellow workers
- Report any issues that can impact the environment or the safety of the employees
What do you need for this role?
- High school diploma or GED required
- 2 years of locomotive experience required; prefer 4 years of related locomotive repair experience
- Good motivational, organizational, interpersonal and communication skills to work by self and with others
- Physical work environment is frequently outdoors and exposed to varying temperatures from below 32 degrees to above 85 degrees Fahrenheit
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to safely perform the essential functions of the job without posing a direct threat to the safety of his or her own self, or the safety of others
- Able to lift approximately 0-25 lbs. unassisted and regularly
- Able to climb stairs and work at various heights
- Able to distinguish varying or specific colors, patterns or materials
- Able to hear, with or without correction
- Able to lift 25-50 lbs. unassisted and regularly
- Able to read, write and understand basic English
- Able to see, with or without correction
- Able to travel unassisted
- Able to use fine hand motor skills
- Able to work in tight or closed-in spaces
- Able to work rotating shifts and overtime as required
- Physically able to use standard safety equipment which is rated for 300 pounds or less
- Must be authorized to work in the United States.
Mosaic is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace.
Mosaic participates in the US E-Verify program.
We Help the World Grow the Food it Needs - Apply today and join our team!
Requisition ID: 19004