HCA, Hospital Corporation of America CNA Progressive Care in Bowling Green, Kentucky
TriStar Greenview is a 211-bed, medical-surgical facility that has served south central Kentucky for more than 40 years. TriStar Greenview provides an extensive range of diagnostic, therapeutic, emergency and surgical services. Accredited by the Joint Commission on the Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations, TriStar Greenview has a medical staff of more than 300 physicians. TriStar Greenview has proven to be a health care leader in the region.
Working under the supervision of a licensed nurse, the Certified Nurse Aide performs various patient care activities necessary in caring for the personal needs and comfort of patients. Identifies cultural differences and incorporates into care. Utilizes translation services when indicated. Fulfills departmental responsibilities with the long range plan, mission, vision, and values of the hospital. Promotes a supportive environment that encourages collegiality. Adults (18 – 79 years) Elderly (80 years).
The position's tasks and responsibilities include:
* Bathes, dresses/undresses patients assist with personal hygiene.
* Provides skin/wound care according to established policy/procedures and regulations.
* Serves and collects food trays. Assists with patient feeding.
* Assists patients in ambulating.
* Takes and records vital signs, weights and I & O.
* Passes and collects bed pans.
* Changes bed linens.
* Provides encouragement, support and comfort to patients and family members.
* Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
* Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
* Orients and mentors new staff members.
* Interprets changes in patient status, reports and intervenes appropriately.
* Participates in family/patient care conferences to discuss patient goals, problems and ongoing discharge plans.
* Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required. * Performs 12 lead EKG * Provides a safe environment for patient, visitor and employees through identifying/correcting/reporting health and safety hazards.
*This is a full time day shift position. Candidates must be able to work 34-40 hours per week on day shift. *
POSITION QUALIFICATIONS: Required Job Qualifications Include: * Current certification as a BLS Healthcare Provider. New hires have 90 days to obtain. * Successful completion of an approved training program, and is on the registry without findings concerning abuse, neglect, mistreatment of a resident, or misappropriation of a resident’s property. * Results of a criminal history check that do not bar the individual from providing care for the aged and persons with disabilities. * Nursing Home or hospital experience within last (1) year preferred. * Working knowledge of medical terminology. * Customer service abilities including effective listening skills. * Ability to quickly make decisions to report patient condition with minimal supervision.
Title: CNA Progressive Care
Location: Kentucky-Bowling Green-Greenview Regional Hospital
Requisition ID: 00037-54524