HCA, Hospital Corporation of America AVP Ambulatory EHR in Brentwood, Tennessee
The AVP for Ambulatory EHR will report directly to the Chief Medical Information Officer of HCA Physician Services Group (PSG). The AVP is responsible for organizing and executing the successful implementation of all components of the EHR in PSG. They are responsible for the maintenance of a sustainable EHR support framework of clinical and non-clinical technical teams already in place today who will directly report to this position. This role also includes the documentation and validation of the implementation strategy, the identification of associated risks and mitigation actions, the composition and responsibility of the multidisciplinary team for implementation, and the completion and execution of the Ambulatory EHR budget and assumptions. Implementation activity includes process workflow analysis and redesign, change management and application installation for all functionality associated with the core EHR application and associated downstream and bolt-ons systems across the enterprise as needed. Support activity includes monitoring and collaborating with multidisciplinary teams to resolve and prevent EHR issues. The AVP for Ambulatory EHR is responsible for developing productive relationships with all internal and external Clinical and Business stakeholders. This position also provides input to future direction of the physician practice technology solutions and products that span the care continuum. For additional solutions, this position provides implementation services to support enterprise deployment.
· •Provide day-to-day overall implementation leadership, management and direction for the EHR support, optimization and implementation.
· Provide day-to-day overall management of the Ambulatory Clinical Informatics team, the Ambulatory EHR Operations team and the Central Ambulatory EHR Analyst Team including direct supervision of the 3 directors over these areas
· • Lead EMR implementation efforts across related HCA departments, facilities, and business partners
· • Develop, collaboratively, the responsibilities for all implementation, optimization and support roles (includes at a minimum CSG, Parallon, IT&S Corporate, IT Field Operations, Physician Practice Based Team).
· • Create and maintain implementation toolkits, where needed, for deployment across the enterprise.
· • Prepare and manage the Ambulatory EHR budget associated with installing the application and modifying clinical and business processes and reviews this monthly with CMIO
· • Coordinate the creation of training and education for all implementation resources and ensure that end user education materials are created and maintained.
· • Create, maintain and monitor the master implementation schedule across multiple teams, plans, and dependencies.
· • Develop the master implementation work plan and coordinate its customization for all field based work.
· • Develop the site-preparation guide and cutover guide to support implementation in addition to toolkit creation.
· • Adjust and communicate overall implementation plans and took kits in response to changing business requirements.
· • Actively communicate with division, corporate and facility stakeholders to manage the impact of change and communicate project status expectations and timelines.
· • Prepare project status reports utilizing standard tools meeting the guidelines established by leadership.
· • Guide and direct project directors and other members of the implementation team to achieve implementation schedules.
· • Proactively identify and resolve program level issues; manage the change control process.
· • Provide quality assurance of overall implementation, optimization and support plans and tools along with the execution of those plans.
· Qualifications EDUCATION:
o Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration or Clinical Practice (Master's Degree or post graduate prefferre)
· EXPERIENCE: •
o Minimum of 6 years Management experience required within healthcare
o Experience required in EHR system implementation and management
o 6 years of experience managing large-scale, health information technology (HIT) platforms preferred
o Minimum of 5 years of direct clinical experience preferred
o Solid communication and team building skills
o Experience required in supporting healthcare providers using HIT
o Minimum of 5 years’ experience management of program budget
o Strong communication and presentation skills required for executive report out
o Strong collaborative skills required
Travel will be about 30%
Title: AVP Ambulatory EHR
Location: Tennessee-Brentwood-HCAPS National Services
Requisition ID: 20777-51917