HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Business Analyst - Microstrategy in Brentwood, Tennessee
Job Summary –Work with Internal Business Owners to improve and streamline the data, processes and information systems used in all aspects of the business line to drive supply expense savings, operational performance, labor efficiency, patient satisfaction, and HCAHPS scores. Perform in-depth evaluations of all requested financial and operational data to make recommendations. Coordinates reviews and implements improvements of data gathering/review efficiencies. Create Microstrategy dashboards to provide operators with key initiative metrics and tracking.
Duties (included but not limited to):
* Continue to enhance business intelligence by utilizing new enterprise tools for creating reporting and analytics that meet customer needs.
* Monitor and maintain key operational and supply expense performance measures.
* Work with appropriate leadership teams to understand, develop, and communicating operational and supply expense data requests/reports.
* Merging data between HealthTrust contracts and facility purchase history.
* Formatting data for ease of understanding by clinicians and subject matter experts.
* Interpret and present data for decision-making needs.
* Accurate and timely data extraction from Electronic Data Warehouse. * Produce Month End Reports for program status vs goals. * Recommend to leadership areas of improvement and assist in driving results. * Streamline/automate reporting efforts for Supply Chain Services through collaboration with EDW team and/or own Business Objects skill set. * Complete monthly operating report operational and supply expense inputs for group/division review. * Participate in operational performance reviews on an as needed basis. * Posting monthly savings files and/or operating metrics for specified best practice activity * Clean up of data tables. * Communicate clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing. * Demonstrate proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and others as required. * May be required to prepare toolkits/playbooks to support field based implementations. Able to perform basic mathematical calculations, balance and reconcile figures, punctuate properly, spell correctly and transcribe accurately. * Assists with Ad Hoc requests from management. * Practice and adhere to the “Code of Conduct” philosophy and “Mission and Value Statement”. * Other duties as assigned by the Director of Supply Chain Financial Ops.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities * Proficient in Microsoft Office tools (e.g., Excel and PowerPoint) and Business Objects. * Ability to create dashboards utilizing Microstrategy BI platform. * Knowledge of organizational policies, procedures, systems, and objectives. * Ability to analyze and interpret voluminous data. * Ability to research and prepare comprehensive reports. * Ability to communicate effectively in writing and verbally. EDUCATION -Bachelor’s Degree
EXPERIENCE * 2-5 years of healthcare supply chain analytics * Knowledge of support services preferred
Title: Business Analyst - Microstrategy
Requisition ID: 10250-1240