HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Senior Solution Architect in Brentwood, Tennessee
HealthTrust is committed to strengthening provider performance and clinical excellence through an aligned membership model and the delivery of total cost management solutions, including contracting and membership solutions and a contract and service portfolio unparalleled in quality, scope and value. HealthTrust Technology Innovation is the IT arm of HealthTrust that is responsible for designing, developing, and deploying products to both external members and internal business units.
HealthTrust Technology Innovation values a team-oriented collaborative environment where...
open and honest dialogue is expected;
continuous improvement (stop-the-line, fix the issue, learn through root cause analysis) is the norm;
professional growth (formalized training, team collaboration, mentorship, and hands on experience) is emphasized;
high performing, empowered, accountable teams with strong friendships are delivering important business value.
Under the guidance of the Director of Architecture and Planning, you will be responsible for the enablement of enterprise solution architecture (ESA) through the creation of repeatable standards and guidelines. You will analyze enterprise business drivers to determine gaps in capabilities and technologies. Through the use of agile techniques and Lean thinking, you will help define and manage the evolution of the ESA portfolio through the use of roadmaps and building blocks. You will consult with product or system engineering teams on their projects to understand fit to architecture and when necessary, modify solution architecture to accommodate project needs. You will guide the discovery and design of the ESA based on business requirements and IT Strategies. Working with and guiding other architects, you will coordinate implementation of reference architectures that incrementally enable technical and business capabilities, enabling delivery teams to elaborate your solutions into fully realized business products.
You will foster research and look for disruptive technologies that can give our business a competitive advantage. The person who fills this role must also be able to coordinate with development managers, customer engagement leaders and product owners guiding them in the usage of delivered capabilities and services to ensure expected value is realized.
• Delivers technology driven innovation based on identified opportunities
• Delivers solution-focused proof of concept design for existing technologies
• Manages architecture, design and development of innovative products to solve customers' most complex business and technical issues
• Creates conceptual architectures to address customer's business strategy
• Delivers creation of enterprise and application architecture • Leads architecture development that addresses the customer's requirements and key challenges; aligns architecture to the customer's strategic plans and technology road maps • Delivers business architecture in terms of domains, markets, business processes, and value streams and helps to establish technology road maps. • Delivers integration, service and security architecture, information sharing, and security concerns • Leads architecture effort in terms of quality, timeliness and compliance with requirements and expectations • Motivates and assumes responsibility for development of technical capabilities and new application and integration architectures • Understands due diligence efforts and compliance with complex legal requirements and business risks driven by HIPPA, SOX, HITECH, Antitrust, Merger/Acquisition and growing expectations for countering threats to IT assets • Identifies emerging technologies that could have a positive impact on the organization; helps evaluate strategic fit
• Researches strategic fit of external technology trends as potential enablers for future business initiatives • Leads recommendation development for buy-vs.-build selection processes • Leads construction of technology-focused proof of concept designs in response to new business opportunities • Leads documentation of architectural standards for IT
• Coaches use of approved methodologies, processes and toolsets defined within the architecture and planning group
• Mentors and trains delivery teams on standards use, leads teams to meet established metrics
• Drives documentation for scalable architecture
• Strong experience and demonstrated success in design and deployment of solutions required • Enterprise architecture design and implementation required • Communication and execution of IT strategies required • Capable business modeler with experience in detailing and elaborating business domains and processing scenarios and functions required • Value based decision making, System or Lean thinking required • Laser focus on timely and incremental delivery of business value required • Experience with 2 or more techniques and practices of Object-Oriented Analysis and Design, Service Oriented Architecture, Master Data Management, Product Development and Enterprise Application Integration patterns, techniques and tools required • Experience in development with one or more technology stacks (e.g. C#/.NET or JEE) required • Ability to drive documentation for scalable architecture required • Business value justification and business case development preferred • Understanding and practice of Domain Driven Design preferred • Familiarity and practice of applying TOGAF or similar framework preferred • Leading, developing and building teams preferred
KEY PERFORMANCE MEASURES
• Delivery of rapid innovation proof of technology/concepts on time and on budget • Alignment of business strategy to technology architectures • Documentation of architecture designs • Quality metrics and plans • Customer satisfaction
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor's Degree, preferably in Computer Science, Engineering or related field; or equivalent experience in an architecture role required. • 10 years of Experience • Healthcare IT Experience, Contracting and Membership Experience, Project Management Experience Preferred • Operating in an entrepreneurial environment preferred • Must be able to travel up to 15% of the time
Title: Senior Solution Architect
Location: Tennessee-Brentwood-Corporate Brentwood
Requisition ID: 10207-18893