Veterans Affairs, Veterans Health Administration Registered Nurse - Intermittent-SR in Brookings, Oregon
Veterans Affairs, Veterans Health Administration
Few vacancies in the following locations:
- Brookings, OR
- Eugene, OR
- North Bend, OR
- Roseburg, OR
Work Schedule is Intermittent - Intermittent
Opened Wednesday 9/7/2016 (47 day(s) ago)
** Closes Saturday 12/31/2016 (68 day(s) away)
Vacancy Identification Number (VIN): 1784782
OUR MISSION: To fulfill President Lincoln's promise "To care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and his orphan" by serving and honoring the men and women who are America's Veterans. How would you like to become a part of a team providing compassionate care to Veterans?
The Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) needs employees who possess the energy, compassion, and commitment to serve those who serve our Country. Whatever the job title, every position in VA will give you a chance to make a meaningful and personal contribution to the lives of truly special and deserving people - our Veterans.
Working for VA is one of the most emotionally satisfying and professionally rewarding ways to dedicate the best within you to your country's service.
If you are transitioning from the military or a Veteran already, we invite you to explore the benefits of continuing your career at the VA.
The VA is committed to hiring Veterans.
The VA is much more than just another employer. It is an honorable, open and welcoming community of those who care. Gratitude is our motivation and service is our mission.
VA encourages persons with disabilities to apply. The health related positions in VA are covered by Title 38, and are not covered by the Schedule A excepted appointment authority.
This position is with the VA Roseburg Healthcare System, in Roseburg, OR. However, the duty location will be located in either Roseburg, Eugene, North Bend, or Brookings, OR.
For more information on the North Bend Area...http://www.oregonsbayarea.org
For more information on the Brookings Area....http://www.brookingsharborchamber.com/
For more information on the Eugene Area... http://www.visitlanecounty.org/index.cfm
For more information on the Roseburg Area....http://www.roseburgareachamber.org
These positions are located at the Roseburg, Eugene, Brookings or North Bend VA Medical Center. The Registered Nurse is assigned to Nursing Service in Primary Care, Specialty Care, Operative Care and/or Short Stay, Medical Unit and Emergency Department. The Ambulatory Care RN provides primary care to Veterans and their eligible family members using the Patient Aligned Center Teamlet (PACT) model. This care is provided in the ambulatory clinics located at the Roseburg main campus, Eugene VA Medical Center, North Bend CBOC, and Brookings CBOC. The services that are provided may include primary care, case/care management, and other specialty care as designated for the location. Primary Care is the provision of integrated, accessible healthcare services by clinicians who are accountable for addressing a large majority of personal healthcare needs, developing a sustained partnership with patients, and practicing in the context of family and community. The Registered Nurse Functions for the VA Eugene Healthcare Center Operative Care Department is responsible for clinical accountability for nursing practice to the Associate Director Patient Care Services/Nurse Executive (APDCS/NE). As a Staff Nurse in the Operating Room (OR) with the VA Eugene Healthcare Center, you will be providing care that will be in the least restrictive, most cost-effective manner through use of the clinical practice guidelines and clinical pathways. The RN will maintain proficiency and remain current with required certification, i.e., basic life support (BLS) and/or advanced cardiac life support (ACLS). Evidence of health promotion and chronic disease indices will be monitored through the clinical practice guidelines and performance measures. The incumbent functions as a primary nurse for a defined group of patients for her/his shift. Responsible and accountable for all elements of the nursing process when providing and/or supervising direct patient care. Assesses, plans, implements, and evaluates care based on age-specific components. The RN assumes responsibility for the coordination of care focused on patient transition through the continuum of care, patient, and family education, patient self-management after discharge, and supporting factors that impact customer satisfaction. You will consider all characteristics of the individual, including age and life stages, state of health, race and culture, values, and previous experiences. As well as administer medications and procedures per established policies and guidelines.
The incumbent demonstrates self-motivation in the pursuit of meeting professional work standards. Your responsibilities will consist of intake assessment, health promotion, disease prevention, Women's Health, management of acute and chronic bio psychosocial conditions, referrals for specialty, rehabilitation, and other levels of care, follow-up and overall care management, and patient and caregiver education. The population of patient's service includes adults with need for care and case management of acute and chronic health conditions. . The registered nurse provides care and counseling of persons or in the promotion and maintenance of health and prevention of illness and injury based upon the nursing judgment, and evaluation of human responses to actual or potential health problems through such services as case finding, health teaching, health counseling; provision of care supportive to or restorative of life and well-being; and executing medical regimens including administering medications and treatments prescribed by a licensed or otherwise legally authorized provider. As well as consider all characteristics of the individual, including age and life stages, state of health, race and culture, values, and previous experiences. Administers medications and procedures per established polices and guidelines.
Work Schedule: Various Shifts
Functional Statement Title/#: Functional Statement/Licensed Vocational/Licensed Practical Nurse
- Not Required
- Must pass pre-employment examination.
- Designated and/or Random Drug Testing required.
- Background and/or Security Investigation required.
- Must be proficient in written and spoken English.
- Selective Service Registration is required for males born after 12/31/1959.
- U.S. citizenship. Non-citizens may be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy.
- Graduate of a school of professional nursing approved by the appropriate State-accrediting agency and accredited by one of the following accrediting bodies at the time the program was completed by the applicant: The Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) or The Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE). In cases of graduates of foreign schools of professional nursing, possession of current, full, active and unrestricted registration will meet the requirement of graduation from an approved school of professional nursing.
- The completion of coursework equivalent to a nursing degree in a MSN Bridge Program that qualifies for professional nursing registration constitutes the completion of an approved course of study of professional nursing. Students should submit the certificate of professional nursing to sit for the NCLEX to the VA along with a copy of the MSN transcript. (Reference VA Handbook 5005, Appendix G6)
Current, full, active, and unrestricted registration as a graduate professional nurse in a State, Territory or Commonwealth (i.e., Puerto Rico) of the United States, or the District of Columbia. *Grade Determinations: *The following criteria must be met in determining the grade assignment of candidates, and if appropriate, the level within a grade:
Nurse I Level I - An Associate Degree (ADN) or Diploma in Nursing, with no additional nursing practice/experience required.
- Nurse I Level II - An ADN or Diploma in Nursing and approximately 1 year of nursing practice/experience; OR an ADN or Diploma in Nursing and a bachelor's degree in a related field with no additional nursing practice/experience; OR a Bachelors of Science in Nursing (BSN) with no additional nursing practice/experience.
- Nurse I Level III - An ADN or Diploma in Nursing and approximately 2-3 years of nursing practice/experience; OR an ADN or Diploma in Nursing and a Bachelors degree in a related field and approximately 1-2 years of nursing practice/experience; OR a BSN with approximately 1-2 years of nursing practice/experience; ORa Master's degree in nursing (MSN) or related field with a BSN and no additional nursing practice/experience.
- Nurse II - A BSN with approximately 2-3 years of nursing practice/experience; OR ADN or Diploma in Nursing and a Bachelors degree in a related field and approximately 2-3 years of nursing practice/experience; OR a Master's degree in nursing or related field with a BSN and approximately 1-2 years of nursing practice/experience; ORa Doctoral degree in nursing or meets basic requirements for appointment and has doctoral degree in a related field with no additional nursing practice/experience required.
- Nurse III - Master's degree in nursing or related field with BSN and approximately 2-3 years of nursing practice/experience; OR a Doctoral degree in nursing or related field and approximately 2-3 years of nursing practice/experience. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religions; spiritual; community; student; social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
Note: Only education or degrees recognized by the U.S. Department of Education from accredited colleges, universities, schools, or institutions may be used to qualify for Federal employment. You can verify your education here: http://ope.ed.gov/accreditation/. If you are using foreign education to meet qualification requirements, you must send a Certificate of Foreign Equivalency with your transcript in order to receive credit for that education.
*Physical Requirements: * Moderate Lifting, 15-44 lbs.; Light lifting, under 15 lbs.; Light carrying, under 15 lbs./ Straight pulling (5 hrs.); Reaching above shoulder; Use of fingers; Both hands required; Walking (1 hrs.); Standing (2 hrs.); Near vision correctable at 13: to 16: to Jaeger 1 to 4; Far vision correctable in one eye to 20/20 and to 20/40 in the other; Ability to distinguish basic colors; Ability to distinguish shades of colors.
What To Expect Next
After we receive application packages (including all required documents) and the vacancy announcement closes, we will review applications to ensure qualification and eligibility requirements are met. During our review, if your résumé and application package do not support your questionnaire answers, we will adjust your rating accordingly. After the review is complete, a referral certificate(s) is issued and applicants will be notified of their status by email (if provided); otherwise, applicants will receive a notification letter via the U.S. Postal Service. Referred applicants will be notified as such and may be contacted directly by the hiring office for an interview. All referred applicants receive a final notification once a selection decision has been made.
You may check the status of your application at any time by logging into your USAJOBS account and clicking on Application Status. For a more detailed update of your status, click on more information. Information regarding applicant notification points can be found in the USAJobs Resource Center.
VA offers a comprehensive benefits package. This link provides an overview of the benefits currently offered: http://www.vacareers.va.gov/why-choose-va/benefits/index.asp.
Annual leave shall accrue for full-time Nurses, and Nurse Anesthetists at the rate of 8 hours for each full biweekly pay period.
It is the policy of the VA to not deny employment to those that have faced financial hardships or periods of unemployment.
This job opportunity announcement may be used to fill additional vacancies.
This position is in the Excepted Service and does not confer competitive status.
Salary Range: $60,666.00 to $106,628.00 / Per Year
Series & Grade: VN-0610-00/00
Promotion Potential: 00
Supervisory Status: No
Who May Apply: US Citizens and Status Candidates
Control Number: 448843300
Job Announcement Number: LW-16-NBa-1784782-SR