ICL Facilities Maintenance Worker in Brooklyn, New York
Under the supervision of the Facilities Maintenance Supervisor or designee, Facilities Maintenance Workers perform maintenance, installation, and related activities, including routine carpentry, painting, plastering, minor electrical, minor plumbing, and installing or repairing locks; they assist with the maintenance of program grounds, including grass cutting, snow removal, etc.; they assist with the moving and transport of personnel, equipment, mail and supplies; they maintain appropriate documentation of such activities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty listed satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions unless this causes undue hardship to the agency.
- Performs routine installment, maintenance, replacement and repairs of plumbing systems and a variety of plumbing fixtures such as faucets, sinks, toilets and water heaters.Repairs and replaces steam valves and damaged or leaking pipes and insulates steam lines. Repairs and replaces thermostats, and other fixtures; locates and unplugs stoppages using plungers, snakes, etc.
- Operates and maintains heating and hot water equipment by replacing parts, such as filters and pumps; cleaning equipment; replacing and adjusting components, such as thermostats; and checking oil level in storage tanks
- Performs carpentry activities including repairing or replacing doors, windows, stairs, railings, floors, gates, roofs, and ceilings, furniture, locks, and door hardware; opening locks when keys are not available. Installs window blinds, assembles bookcases, shelves, tables, signs, and modular furniture, cabinets, countertops, and other wood equipment and fixtures including platforms and temporary staging
- Repairs, rebuilds, and assists in installing metal, slate, shingle, and built-up roofs.
- Assists with the renovation/remodeling of offices and apartments; repairs plaster and drywall; prepares surfaces for painting; paints interior and exterior building structures, fixtures, equipment; strips and paints or stains cabinets, doors, and woodwork.
- Repairs electrical equipment such as overhead door motors, electric ranges, and other appliances; running and repairing electrical cables and wires; installing and maintaining lighting fixtures, outlets, and switches.
- Performs outside grounds maintenance duties such as mowing lawns, trimming bushes, etc., and snow removal as required.
- Assists with the movement, transport, relocation and discarding of furniture, equipment, and supplies as assigned, including the removal of unusable (e.g. infested) furniture and supplies and moving clients’ belongings.
- Operates machine tools, including but not limited to power drills, power saws, lawnmowers, snow blowers, etc.
- Maintains vehicles by performing routine tasks such as changing a flat tire, maintaining appropriate fluid levels, as well as ensuring that the interiors and exteriors of vehicles are clean.
- Adheres to the work request and other departmental tracking systems; follows established procedures and submits documentation in a timely way. Completes all required checklists.
- Performs masonry repairs and installation activities such as installing and replacing tile and carpets as necessary.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Education: Equivalent to completion of twelfth grade; high school diploma or GED preferred.
Experience: Two years of full time experience in general maintenance, renovations, construction, or facilities maintenance*. * Specialized training in maintenance, construction, or facilities maintenance may be substituted for experience.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATES, REGISTRATION*: *Possession of a clean valid NYS, Pennsylvania, New Jersey or Connecticut Driver's License; must meet requirements to maintain license and a good driving record.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS*:* Employees in this title are required to possess the ability to perform all the essential tasks listed above with or without reasonable accommodations including the following physical demands: An employees in this job title must be able to lift, push, pull and/or move objects weighing up to 60 pounds and have the ability to bend and reach.
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you! Click here to get started.
Position Number: RP555513
Department: Facility/Real Property Department
Job Locations: US-NY-Brooklyn
Type: Regular Full-Time
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Minimum Salary: USD $30,000.00/Yr.
Maximum Salary: USD $30,000.00/Yr.