National Grid Manager, Employee & Labor Relations in Brooklyn, New York
About the Position:
Represent the Company as an Employee & Labor Relations professional in matters concerning the Union workforce and all employee conduct matters.
Position Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
· Work with Employee and Labor Relations Director and Business leaders to develop strategies for Union contract negotiations as well as other negotiations to continuously drive improvement for the Company.
· Responsible for managing labor and employee relations issues that include resolving grievances and arbitration cases, implementing and maintaining current labor agreements and data.
· Provides guidance and assistance to all levels of Management in employee and labor relations matters including negotiation strategies, labor contract interpretation, grievance handling, work performance problems, employment action and Human Resource Policies
· Responsible for preparation and presentation of grievance and arbitration cases, National Labor Relations Board proceedings, Federal and State Department of Labor hearings as well as represent the Company at Unemployment hearings.
· Lead investigations in order to drive resolution in a timely manner and make sure matters are handled fairly and consistently with regard to employee discipline.
· Represent Employee and Labor relations on corporate initiatives as assigned. Seek out opportunities to drive continuous improvements in performance through application of best practice.
· Work with the TDC on all initiatives that impact bargaining employees to ensure effective resolution.
· Identify opportunities, develop standardized approaches and prioritize programs of work in order to drive a consistent approach across the region and work with the business more effectively. Develop and utilize peer group network in order to absorb and apply best practice.
· Capable of interfacing with individuals at all levels of management, representatives of theUnionand bargaining unit employees.
· A Bachelor’s Degree in Labor Relations, Human Resources Management, or a business related area (or equivalent work experience) is required. An advanced degree/credits is preferred.
· Minimum of 5 years of Employee and Labor Relations experience preferred. Prior supervisory experience of bargaining unit employees is strongly preferred.
· Thorough knowledge of practices, principles and applications pertaining to the labor relations profession.
· Knowledge of Corporate Personnel Policies and Procedures, Union contracts and the ability to interpret and apply provisions of same.
· Knowledge of current trends in Human Resources management and applicable Federal & State regulations.
· In depth knowledge of labor law, equal employment and affirmative action programs and regulations,ADA, FMLA, FSLA, etc.
· Knowledge of DOT and Corporate drug testing programs and regulations.
· Must have excellent written, oral and presentation skills
· Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills including the ability to negotiate effectively.
· Proficient with common software applications.
· Moderate to frequent travel within service territory is required.
/ National Grid values and celebrates a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise. We foster a culture of inclusiveness that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve. National Grid is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. /
Job: *Labor & Empl Relations
Organization: *Labor & Empl Relations
Title: Manager, Employee & Labor Relations
Requisition ID: 20163677