VMware Network Virtualization Engineer - NSX in Broomfield, Colorado
As our Senior Enterprise Technical Support Engineer, you will provide technical support to both staff and customers who are working to implement VMware NSX platform and related products.
• Respond to customer inquiries - via email and telephone.
• Mentor and provide training to other technical GSS staff in Network troubleshooting topics.
• Own and drive the Customer Experience throughout the lifecycle of the Service Request to resolution.
• Resolve all Technical issues through diligent research, reproduction, and troubleshooting.
• Work directly with staff in quality assurance, engineering, sales, marketing, operations, and administration to resolve problems.
• Document all technical inquiries; develop and review content for knowledgebase.
• Participate in testing alpha and beta products and provide feedback to Engineering.
• Be an advocate for network virtualization, educate GSS on the NSX platform
• Troubleshoot and engage with NSX Engineering on customer reported issues, including identifying viable workarounds.
• Travel to Customer sites and represent VMware GSS.
• Networking: In-depth understanding of L2/L3 networking protocols including switching technologies, routing fundamentals, IP subnetting and Address Management,, firewalling, load balancers, Security trust zones, Management Networks, VPN and network design
• Proven experience and deep knowledge of the networking technologies and vendors such as VMware VDS, Cisco, F5, Riverbed, Force10, Vyatta/Brocade, A10 Networks, Arista, Infoblox, Palo Alto Networks
• Experience with network components such as, ASR routers, switches, firewalls, ASA, etc).Virtual networking components VSG, Nexus1000V, BGP & OSPF protocol, Cisco UCS and storage
• CCNA or equivalent certification and/or related work experience
• Familiarity with systems management concepts, processes and standards (e.g. SNMP); capacity/performance management and tuning; and storage and network management
• Understanding of modern IT production data center and Internet (ISP/ASP) hosting operations including Compute, Storage and Networking.
• Experience designing and/or supporting large enterprise deployments.
• Hands-on experience with Linux/UNIX based operating systems including strong CLI skill set and working knowledge of general system and network troubleshooting tools (e.g. WireShark)
• Good practical working ability with Linux/UNIX utilities, including editors and command shells
• B.S. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Math, or equivalent work experience
• Fluent in spoken and written English
• Ability to travel 20 per cent of the time.
Highly Preferred Skills
• Hands on experience with VMware ESX Server or VMware products
• UNIX kernel diagnostics/debugging (at a level typically found in senior level 2 or level 3 UNIX support staff)
• Experience with operation and administration of large Windows Server and Desktop Environments o Experience in administration of complex Storage Area Networks, including Fibre-channel and Ethernet based protocols
• Previous exposure to Cloud Management Platforms such as OpenStack, CloudStack, vRA including Networking enabled by software
• Familiarly of Clustering Technologies such as MS Cluster Server, Redhat clustering, Oracle RAC
• Hands-on and working with key technology solution/language/tools e.g. CloudStack, OpenStack, AWS, KVM, libvirt, Chef, Puppet, Python, CMS, DynamicOps, API, etc.
• Previous Enterprise Technical Support.
• CCNP or equivalent certification and/or related work experience
Why work for our Division:
The VMware Global Support Services (GSS) team supports over 250,000 companies running VMware in over 100 different countries. GSS provides time-zone optimized coverage throughout five support centers globally. The GSS team supports the entire suite of VMware products for global customers and partners and participates in developing new products and new versions of current products. GSS team members also participate in product delivery strategy, product documentation, discussion forums with customers, and expert documents publishing. A commitment to excellence and customer advocacy pervades the GSS team, and the work environment fosters intellectual stimulation through exchanges with internal and external customers. The VMware GSS team members are the “best of the best” supporting business-critical applications in a virtual infrastructure.
VMware is a global leader in cloud infrastructure and business mobility. Built on VMware's industry-leading virtualization technology, our solutions deliver a new model of IT that is fluid, instant and more secure. Customers can innovate faster by rapidly developing, automatically delivering and more safely consuming any application.
With 2015 revenues of $6.6 billion, VMware has more than 500,000 customers, more than 75,000 partners, and 19,000+ employees in 120+ locations around the world. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Do you dare to do the stuff you've always dreamed about? Dare to explore at careers.vmware.com.
Broomfield, CO, US
Network Virtualization Engineer - NSX
Global Support Services – GSS
VMware is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees in personnel actions, which include: recruiting and hiring, selection for training, promotion, rates of pay or other compensation, transfer, discipline, demotion, layoff or termination. VMware does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, family medical history or genetic information, citizenship, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, military status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. VMware also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law. Further, it is the policy of VMware to maintain a working environment free of all forms of harassment.
Level of Job (LinkedIn):