Washington State DSHS Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) in Buckley, Washington
DSHS Licensed Practical Nurses (LPN)
Are you an LPN with a passion for excellence and compassionate care? Do you want to make a difference in the lives of patients? If so, then we invite you join our team at Rainier Habilitation Center where we are, Transforming lives by providing support and fostering partnerships that empower people to live the lives they want. Read more about the Developmental Disabilities Administration.
At Rainier Habilitation Center you will be eligible for;
- National Certification as a Nurse specializing in care of Developmental Disabled clients after two years employment;
- You will have the opportunity to practice Home Health and Urgent Care nursing;
- You will also gain experience in psychiatric nursing through Respite and Crisis intervention care for our clients who need specialized services to regain stability and return to their community residential setting;
- There are never low census issues; if you are scheduled for a full shift, you will get a full shift. Duties
Some of the duties you will perform:
- Provide skilled nursing care to a vulnerable population of adults with intellectual disabilities and some co-occurring psych disorders;
- Administer prescribed medications and provide treatments to approximately 32 clients in an accurate and timely manner;
- Collaborate with the registered nurses, physicians and caregivers to ensure the overall well-being of all clients as part of the Interdisciplinary Team (IDT);
- Promote independence and learning experience during each encounter with every client. Qualifications
What we're looking for
- Prefer one year nursing experience or two years as a caregiver; currently we are hiring new graduates;
- A good attitude, a willingness to learn, being a contributing team member and suggesting how something could be done better are all important attributes to us in making hiring decisions. If this announcement has piqued your interest, go one step further and apply. Questions contact Tracie Kidd, (360) 628-7870 . We'd like a current copy of your resume and a letter of interest attached.
Some jobs may require a full criminal background check and may be covered by a collective bargaining agreement. This announcement may be used to fill multiple vacancies. Employees driving on state business must have a valid driver's license. Employees driving a privately owned vehicle on state business must have liability insurance on the privately owned vehicle.
Washington State Department of Social & Health Services is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity/expression, marital status, race, creed, color, national origin, religion or beliefs, political affiliation, military status, honorably discharged veteran, Vietnam Era, recently separated or other protected veteran status, the presence of any sensory, mental, physical disability or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal by a person with a disability, equal pay or genetic information. Persons requiring accommodation in the application process or this job announcement in an alternative format may contact the Recruiter at (360) 725-5810. Applicants who are deaf or hard of hearing may call through Washington Relay Service by dialing 7-1-1 or 1-800-833-6384.
Job Type: Full Time - Permanent
Job Number: 16-1
Department: Dept. of Social and Health Services
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504.
Salary: $3,453.00 - $4,532.00 Monthly
Location: Pierce County – Buckley, WA