Washington State DSHS Occupational Therapist 2 in Buckley, Washington
The Department of Social and Health Services' Developmental Disabilities Administration (DDA) is currently searching for a permanent and full-time Occupational Therapist 2 to join our team and provide treatment services at Rainier Residential Habilitation Center.
In your role at Rainier School you provide professional Occupational Therapy to our residents. This includes developing, monitoring, and implementing program standards, policies, and procedures to ensure quality of services. This is a rewarding job where you will be able to make an impact transforming lives.
A quick overview of your role and duties:
- Provide professional care with Occupational Therapy staff and coordinate OT services within Rainier School.
- Perform evaluations/assessments, keep documentation, and write reports.
- Assists OT Supervisor to ensure quality of services and compliance with applicable laws, regulations, policies, and standards pertaining ot OT.
- Function as a member of the Interdisciplinary team at Rainier School and attends and participate in individual client IHP/Ad Hoc meetings.
- Assist with training and provide consultation, to professional peers.
- Escort movement of patients between the treatment area and living units.
- Provide required occupational therapy service in clinics and specialty units.
- Maintain a safe, secure and therapeutic environment that includes effectively communicating patient treatment outcomes in a group setting while modifying treatment independently to obtain positive treatment outcomes.
- Transfer/lift clients as necessary.
- Assist in coordinating and maintaining OT supplies and equipment.
We are looking for a professional who:
Licensed by the State of Washington as an Occupational Therapist or has a valid probational certificate issued by the State of Washington to practice occupational therapy* OR*the ability to obtain a valid license prior to employment.
Graduation from an accredited Occupational Therapy Program AND successful completion of the National Board Certification of Occupational Therapy certification examination AND 18 months of professional occupational therapy experience.
Visit: www.careers.wa.govand to submit your application
For questions, contact Lindsey Dicus at (360) 890-5962 or email at Lindsey.firstname.lastname@example.org
Some jobs may require full criminal background check. This announcement may be used to fill multiple vacancies. Employees driving on state business must have a valid driver's license. Employees driving a privately owned vehicle on state business must have liability insurance on the privately owned vehicle.
Washington State Department of Social & Health Services is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity/expression, marital status, race, creed, color, national origin, religion or beliefs, political affiliation, military status, honorably discharged veteran, Vietnam Era, recently separated or other protected veteran status, the presence of any sensory, mental, physical disability or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal by a person with a disability, equal pay or genetic information. Persons requiring accommodation in the application process or this job announcement in an alternative format may contact the Recruiter at (360) 725-5810. Applicants who are deaf or hard of hearing may call through Washington Relay Service by dialing 7-1-1 or 1-800-833-6384.
Salary: $3,721.00 - $4,879.00 Monthly
Location: Pierce County – Buckley, WA
Job Type: Full Time - Permanent
Job Number: 2016-05015 YP50
Department: Dept. of Social and Health Services
Closing: 5/31/2017 12:00 AM Pacific
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504.