West Suburban Medical Center Regional, Physician Coding Director in California, California
Regional, Physician Coding Director (Job Number: 1605050762)
This position provides leadership and direction, as well as project management, for the development and support of all coding resources (both internal and external) assigned to the employed physician practices in every Tenet hospital market. Position is responsible for the following within assigned physician practices:
- Establishes and monitors coding performance goals and metrics for each TPR employed physician and mid-level provider for the region. Plans, and directs regional other coding staff to insure timely, accurate and complete processing of clinic services.
- Participate in the national strategy for the TPR reimbursement and coding function; develops regional strategies. Works with appropriate TPR leadership and departments/ resources to develop and monitor procedures and metrics in the region.
- Works directly with the compliance team to establish and execute the audit plan, ensure remediation plan completion when necessary.
- Monitors regional coding activities to ensure compliance with state laws, government and regulatory requirements and Tenet policies.
- Partners with Regional Revenue Cycle Director (RCM) , RCM vendors and TPR practice operations to establish and align practices, procedures and metrics within the region.
- Gathers and reviews patient reimbursement data, analyzing results to prepare recommendations for improvement when appropriate within the region.
- Establishes, communicates and leads routine reviews with TPR regional coding resources.
- Establishes and implements the coding review process for the region TPR employed physicians and mid-levels.
- Identify, communicate, advise and support resolution of compliance concerns with the National Coding Director.
- Develop audit team members and physician practice personnel, teams and processes for the region.
- Develops the review and delivery of regional educational programs for Tenet’s physician practices.
- Manages the selection, training, performance evaluation and development of the TPR coding staff for the region.
- Serve as an internal subject matter expert and resource for coding and billing compliance for TPR, physician practice operations in the region.
- Maintains an expert knowledge base regarding reimbursement regulations. Develops TPR regional Policy and Procedures when impacted by changes to reimbursement or regulatory requirements. Educates key TPR regional stakeholders, direct reports and TPR coding regional resources of changes.
- Develops or participates in special projects or other duties as assigned.
50% travel - as travel is required, we will run a MVR check on the final candidate.
- Current nationally recognized professional coding certification required. Bachelor degree in Business Administration or Healthcare Administration or related field strongly preferred.
- Coding program development and management experience - minimum of 5 years.
- Regulatory and compliance experience.
- Experience in the development and delivery of communication and education programs, varying groups and delivery methods, including billing & clinical staffs, physicians and management teams.
- Experienced and effective with physician communication.
- Previous experience in leading teams.
- Previous experience with process, systems, organizational development and improvement.
Primary Location: California
Organization: 984-Fort Lauderdale, FL