Riverside Community Care Child Access Supervisor - Part Time in Cambridge, Massachusetts
Great part time opportunity to gain experience in a social service setting while observing and documenting parent-child visits.
Work as part of a team to provide a safe, friendly, and appropriate setting for children to visit with their non-custodial parents.
Reasons requiring supervised visitation includeissues of domestic violence, substance abuse, long-term absence, abuse and neglect.
Primary responsibilities include:
- facilitating and documenting child/parent interaction
- monitoring visits and intervening when necessary
- ensuring the child’s physical and emotional safety and well-being during each visit
Schedule: Flexible within the hours of Saturday 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. and Monday 3 p.m. - 7 p.m.
- excellent communication and organizational skills
- common sense and maturity
- be able to effectively set limits with others
Must be able to safely supervise children and to carry out the routine tasks and physical activity required to keep up with children and their parents.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Must have at least 2-3 years experience working with children and families and/or with victims of domestic violence
Riverside Community Care is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse and inclusive organization committed to working in a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from minorities. We provide equal opportunity for all persons seeking employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, military status, national origin, disability, or any other characteristic as established by law.
Tracking Code: 464-709
Job Location: Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States
Position Type: Part-Time