Army National Guard Units (Title 32) Program Analyst, GS-0343-09 in Camp Mabry, Texas
Army National Guard Units (Title 32)
2 vacancies in the following location:
- Camp Mabry, TX
Work Schedule is Full Time - Permanent
Opened Thursday 9/29/2016 (24 day(s) ago)
** Closes Friday 10/28/2016 (5 day(s) away)
TEXAS MILITARY DEPARTMENT
DUTY: Bear true faith and allegiance to the state and nation; cultivate an environment for all to excel; prepare mentally, physically and spiritually to deploy at home and abroad.
HONOR: Hold the public trust in the highest regard; exceed standards and expectations; act with understanding, innovation, resourcefulness, flexibility and urgency. Do all you can, where you are, with what you have and always place the welfare of those you lead first.
TEXAS: Embrace the courageous spirit of our people, history and culture.
*After you submit your application, return to your USAJOBS account to check the status of your application. *
This position is located in USPFO, Camp Mabry, Austin, TX. The purpose of this position is to provide management with objectively based information to effectively assess the full range of logistical asset accountability of all units/activities within the state. The purpose is to monitor and ensure effectiveness of operations regarding logistics accountability. Identifies process, system, and equipment on hand deficiencies by applying defect prevention principles and root cause problem resolution techniques and recommends corrective action for each. Serves as advisor to the USPFO and his staff members regarding compliance, readiness posturing as relates to accountability, and mission limiting issues.
Appointment Factor(s): This is an Excepted Service position that requires active membership in a compatible military assignment in the Texas Army National Guard and wear of the military uniform.
Areas of Consideration: In-Service (On-Board) Only Excepted. This includes:
- All currently employed full-time permanent, indefinite and temporary personnel of the Texas Army National Guard.
Incentives: Acceptance of a military Federal technician position may result in termination and / or repayment of military incentives. Please check your contract and contact your servicing Education Services (Incentives) office or the Recruiting/Retention office.
Rank Spread: This position is open to:
Enlisted - E4 Not to Exceed E8
- This is a Bargaining Unit position.
- The Texas National Guard is an Equal Opportunity employer.
- Veteran's preference is not applicable in this agency.
- Preferred 36 months experience with Defense Travel System (DTS) and 24 months experience with General Fund Enterprise Business System (GFEBS).
- This is a Financial Management Level Certified position in accordance with the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) 2012, Public Law 112-81, Subtitle F-Financial Management, Section 1599d. Incumbent shall comply with the requirements of this certification program and will be required to obtain certification. Certification requirements are outlined in the DoD Instruction 1300.26.
- Develops sampling plans and procedures for validating unit/activity accountability and inventory certifications.
- Evaluates unit and organizational effectiveness.
- Collectively evaluates management effectiveness of property management functions and informing management of their programs.
- Applies statistical analysis techniques to measure progress, efficiency, and trends impacting the effectiveness of the organization to meet the organizational goals and objectives.
- Interprets a variety of requirements making independent judgments to determine organizational compliance with applicable regulations, procedures and practices.
- Advises the USPFO, DCSLOG/G4, Command Staff, unit/activity commanders, activity managers on the evaluation of basic program policies, regulatory requirements, and follow-up procedures regarding applicable completed evaluation.
- Develops processes, management, administrative, and technical evaluation plans for implementation by supervisors/managers.
- Recommends internal reporting and status tracking procedures to ensure adequate control in terms of deadlines, progress reports, and follow-up reports.
- During the assessment, the examiner reviews and ensures ground safety, fire prevention and security standards are being followed.
- Responsible for on the spot corrective assistance and guidance to unit/activity personnel during the conduct of the evaluation/review.
- Coordinates with other logistics sections within the USPFO and Joint Force Headquarters to resolve technical problems concerning supply and equipment authorizations and accountability.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The full Position Description (PD) can be found at the following link:
- Not Required
- Direct Deposit is mandatory.
- Must be willing to become a member of the Texas Army National Guard.
- Must be slotted in a compatible military assignment.
Specialized Experience Required
To qualify at the GS-09 grade level your resume must include relevant experience with beginning and ending dates of employment/experience reflecting at least 24 monthsexperience which has provided a working knowledge of the National Guard organizational structures, functions, procedures, and techniques. Experience analyzing, interpreting and developing policies and procedures of local management.
Substitution of Education for Specialized Experience Successful completion of a full 4-year course of study in any field leading to a bachelor's degree, in an accredited college or university, meets the GS-5 level requirements.
Are you using education to qualify? You MUST submit legible transcripts to support your educational claims. All coursework must have been taken from an accredited institution.
Foreign education: Your transcripts must have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in evaluating foreign credentials in order to be acceptable.
Only education/experience gained by closing date of this position will be considered.
Compatible Military Assignment (per UMR): Applicants need not be assigned to the position or possess the MOS to apply or be considered; however, applicant must be Duty MOS (DMOS) assigned to a compatible position in accordance with statutes and National Guard Bureau regulations upon selection.
What To Expect Next
Once the online questionnaire is received you will receive an acknowledgement email that your submission was successful. After a review of your complete application is made you will be notified whether or not you have been referred to the hiring official. If further evaluation or interviews are required you will be contacted.
This link provides an overview of the benefits currently offered to Federal employees: https://help.usajobs.gov/index.php/PayandBenefits
If you are a male applicant who was born after 12/31/59 and are required to register under the Military Selective Service Act, the Defense Authorization Act of 1986 requires that you be registered or you are not eligible for appointment in this agency.
Salary Range: $49,037.00 to $63,743.00 / Per Year
Series & Grade: GS-0343-09/09
Supervisory Status: No
Who May Apply: In-Service Only (see Open Areas of Consideration), Texas Army National Guard Membership is Required
Control Number: 451925500
Job Announcement Number: NGTX-16-225