Army National Guard Units (Title 32) PRODUCTION CONTROLLER in Camp Shelby, Mississippi
Army National Guard Units (Title 32)
2 vacancies in the following location:
- Camp Shelby, MS
Work Schedule is Full Time - Permanent
Opened Wednesday 10/5/2016 (16 day(s) ago)
** Closes Wednesday 10/26/2016 (5 day(s) away)
The National Guard is the oldest component of the Armed Forces of the United States. Since the earliest American colonial days, citizens have joined together for collective defense. We have a proud tradition of coming to the aid of our friends and neighbors in times of serious emergencies. Join our National Guard team and serve your nation, your states and your community!
MISSISSIPPI NATIONAL GUARD
* MILITARY TECHNICIAN COMPATIBILITY REQUIREMENTS:* Prior to placement in this position, the selected applicant must be assigned to a compatible position as required by TPR 303. Although conditions of employment, such as grade/rank restrictions, medical, technician compatibility, etc., are not used to determine an applicant's eligibility to apply for a position, the applicant must meet the conditions prior to appointment in the position.
NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED: This is an excepted service position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the National Guard. Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform. Acceptance of an excepted service position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment. Applicants who are not currently a member of the National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the National Guard in the military grade listed in this announcement.
This position is located at CSMS, Camp Shelby, MS.
AREA OF CONSIDERATION*:* This position is in the Excepted Federal Civil Service "under the authority of 32 U.S.C. 709", andrestricted to CURRENT members of the Army National Guard, Air National Guard, Reserves or Active Duty Military. Your current military status, unit of assignment, military grade/rank, and MOS/AFSC MUST be included on resume to be considered for this position.
To accept this position, you must become a member of the Mississippi Army National Guard.
**DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: This position is located in the Joint Forces HeadquartersState, Logistics Directorate (J-4/G-4), Surface Maintenance Facility. The purpose of this position is to plan, schedule, control, and monitor the status of equipment maintenance; and to assist a higher-graded Production Controller.
(1) Establishes plans, schedules, and controls the maintenance and repair of a variety of vehicles and equipment such as combat vehicles, heavy-duty engineering and mobile equipment, tracked vehicles, towed and self-propelled artillery, communications and electronic equipment, guided missile systems, and small arms. Implements maintenance plans and monitors progress of accomplishments. Provides status of equipment, maintenance actions in progress, and location of equipment. Inputs data regarding work order information, status changes, supply updates, and other pertinent information. Makes on-the-spot adjustments to repair priorities on routine or reoccurring processes necessitated by unscheduled maintenance requirements.
(2) Studies directives, modification work orders, and regulations as to their application in the unit. Assists supervisory personnel in determining impact of these requirements on shop capability. Modifies production planning to accommodate these requirements. Conducts initial and long range planning pertaining to routine production processes, mechanical skills, availability of test and diagnostic equipment, repair parts, and other factors influencing the repair, modification, and maintenance of equipment and readiness reporting.
(3) Designates and maintains current maintenance repair priorities by Force Activity Designator, pacing items, Equipment Readiness Codes (ERC) A, B, and C equipment type, available funds, commander's priority, state/national priorities, (in the case of floods, fires, and mobilizations) and unit supported. Authorizes the acceptance of equipment for repair; monitors work priorities, status, and completion of work orders and requisitions; and provides status of repair parts. Assists supervisory personnel regarding readiness, Class 9 (CL IX) funding, production problems and work planning. Assists in the resolution of problems encountered between scheduled or unscheduled production or priority requirements.
(4) Provides assistance to ensure that Modified Table of Organization and Equipment (MTO&E;) or Table of Distribution and Allowances (TDA) reportable Line Item Numbers (LIN) are properly managed, reported and accounted for with respect to readiness reports, property accountability reports and system management. Based on guidance received from the supervisor or higher graded production controller, prioritizes resources to ensure the highest level of readiness in support of training and mobilization requirements of supported units. Works with other sections within the organization to ensure equipment readiness reports are correct and submitted in time to meet Department of the Army (DA) reporting suspense.
(5) Analyzes repair methods and recommends control procedures to ensure that accomplishment of programs meet priorities and deadlines established by higher authority or support activities. Coordinates with units and other support activities concerning the delivery, status of repair operations, and/or pick up of completed work orders.
(6) In the absence of the higher graded production controller, ensures that unit CL IX accounts are funded, budgeted, and executed to maximize readiness; and performs demand analysis on CL IX expenses to determine proper PLL stockage to sustain facility mission requirements.
(7) May provide day-to-day technical guidance to lower-graded personnel assisting in the maintenance production or maintenance management processes. Ensures necessary maintenance records are maintained and required reports are submitted to units and higher headquarters' in a timely manner.
(8) Performs other duties as assigned.
- Occasional Travel
- As mission requires
- You must maintain membership in National Guard for continued employment.
- Wear of the military uniform is a requirement of this position.
- You must obtain/maintain a compatible military position.
*GENERAL EXPERIENCE: *Experience or training which demonstrates that the candidate has the ability to organize assignments for subordinates, estimate material and manpower needed for specific jobs; able to explain manuals and work procedures; and to prepare production records, work records and reports.
*SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: *
Must have at least 12 months experience, education or training working with people from various levels and backgrounds; experience with a general knowledge of the functions and procedures of production control, records, references, and techniques for developing production control data; experience assisting or maintaining workflow.
You must list specific dates of experience (DAY/MONTH/YEAR) on resume to be considered.
Your application must contain a DETAILED description of both civilian and military experience as it relates to the general and specialized experience requirements.
Your current military status, unit of assignment, military grade/rank and MOS/AFSC MUST be listed on your resume to be considered for the position.
MILITARY REQUIREMENTS: Selected candidates will be required to be in a compatible military grade and assignment prior to the effective date of placement. You must provide proof with application of eligibility to hold appropriate military grade.
Military Grades: E1-E8
Compatible Military Assignments: 91, 92, 94, 88M
Quality of Experience**Candidates' experience should be evaluated on the basis of duties performed rather than strictly on the rank of the individual; however, established compatibility criteria/assignments must be followed. The applicant's record of experience, training, and education must show possession of the knowledge, skills, and abilities needed to fully perform the duties of the position to be filled.
Military Requirements Military skill set is determined by AFSC/MOS requirements. Upon selection, individuals must be assigned to a compatible military AFSC/MOS in accordance with statutes and National Guard Bureau regulations and must obtain/maintain all requirements of the AFSC/MOS. Specific requirements are found in: references listed below, NGB Compatibility tables and your local Personnel section.
Position Description, Classification Release
Old NGB Qualification Standard
For Army DA Pamphlet 611-21
For Air Force AFOCD and AFECD
OPM Classification Standards
SUBSTITUTION OF EDUCATION: None.
NOTE: Copies of transcripts, certificate of training, etc., must be submitted in application package for substitution to be considered.
Participation in direct deposit is mandatory.
Permanent Change of Station Expenses: No PCS will be authorized.
For positions requiring the operation of motor vehicles, candidates must have a valid state driver's license for the state in which they live or are principally employed.
For positions requiring a security clearance (Secret or Top Secret) the applicant must possess or be able to obtain a clearance within one year of appointment.
What To Expect Next
Once the online questionnaire is received you will receive an acknowledgement email that your submission was successful. After a review of your complete application is done, if you are found qualified your name will be forwarded on a referral certificate to the hiring official. If further evaluation or interviews are required you will be contacted.
The following Web addresses are provided for your reference to explore the major benefits offered to most Federal employees. This link provides and overview of the benefits currently offered to Federal employees. http://www.usajobs.gov/EI/benefits.asp
Flexible Spending Accounts - The Federal Flexible Spending Accounts Program (FSAFeds) allows you to pay for certain health and dependent care expenses with pre-tax dollars. Visit: https://www.fsafeds.com/fsafeds/index.asp
Health Insurance - The Federal Employees Health Benefits Program offers over 100 optional plans. Visit: http://www.opm.gov/insure/health/index.asp
Leave - Most Federal employees earn both annual and sick leave. Visit:http://www.opm.gov/oca/leave/index.asp
Life Insurance - The Federal Employees' Group Life Insurance Program (FEGLI) offers: Basic Life Insurance plus three types of optional insurance. Visit: http://www.opm.gov/insure/life/index.asp
Long Term Care Insurance - The Federal Long Term Care Insurance Program (FLTCIP) provides long term care insurance for Federal employees and their parents, parents-in-law, step parents, spouses, and adult children. Visit: http://www.ltcfeds.com/
Retirement Program - Almost all new employees are automatically covered by the Federal Employees Retirement System (FERS). FERS is a three-tiered retirement plan. The three tiers are: Social Security Benefits, Basic Benefit Plan, Thrift Savings Plan. Visit: http://www.opm.gov/retire/index.asp
Financial Suitability - It is the policy of the government not to deny employment simply because an individual has been unemployed or has had financial difficulties that have arisen through no fault of the individual. Information about an individual's employment experience will be used only to determine the person's qualifications and to assess his or her relative level of knowledge, skills, and abilities. Although an individual's personal conduct may be relevant in any employment decision, including conduct during periods of unemployment or evidence of dishonesty in handling financial matters, financial difficulty that has arisen through no fault of the individual will generally not itself be the basis of an unfavorable suitability or fitness determination.
1. If you are a male applicant who was born after 12/31/59 and are required to register under the Military Selective Service Act, the Defense Authorization Act of 1986 requires that you be registered or you are not eligible for appointment in this agency.
2. Please do not send/fax/courier/email any applications or resumes to the National Guard Human Resources Office. You must apply on-line or fax your application to the fax number listed in this announcement with the prescribed Cover Letter. The Human Resources Office can only process materials received through USAJOBS.
Salary Range: $40,033.00 to $52,043.00 / Per Year
Series & Grade: GS-1152-07/07
Promotion Potential: 07
Supervisory Status: No
Who May Apply: Restricted to CURRENT members of the Army National Guard, Air National Guard, Reserves or Active Duty Military. Your current military status, unit of assignment, military grade/rank, and MOS/AFSC MUST be included on resume to be considered for this position.
Control Number: 452652600
Job Announcement Number: MS 17-002