G6 Hospitality General Liability Claims Manager in CARROLLTON, Texas
General Liability Claims Manager
TX - CARROLLTON
First Open Date:
The GL Claims Manager is responsible for the day to day management of General Liability Claims including the training and development of the claim representatives and directing outside vendors in order to achieve department and company goals. The GL Claims Manager, along with the WC Claims Manager, will serve as key contacts to Operations with respect to safety & security programs. This position will also assist the VP and Director of Risk Management (if applicable) with the design, development and implementation of key risk strategies and objectives that produce effective outcomes for the general liability programs in the areas of claims management and safety and loss control.
The individual occupying this position must be able to perform essential job functions set forth below with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
This document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the individual occupying this position. This is a representative list of the general duties, and it not intended to be all-inclusive.
– Claims Management
Provide direction and oversight to the General Liability Claim Reps (internal Risk positions), third party administrator (TPA – Third Party Administrator) and Operations on the proper handling, reserving, claims resolution/settlement and escalation to the carrier and overall management of guest incidents and general liability claims.
Overall claims management: Primary responsibility – General Liability; Secondary – cross train and collaborate with Workers’ Comp Claims Manager) encompasses the following steps in order to ensure claims adequately reserved and ultimately resolved within established reserves:
Provide direction and oversight to insurance carriers and claims consultants as reserves are set, claim summaries are prepared and key issues addressed from the outset (ie. denial of claims, litigation avoidance)
Provide direction and input on quarterly Claim File reviews with TPA’s. Establish criteria used to select files, attend file reviews and guide the team in reaching an agreed upon action plan for claim resolution.
Partner with Operations (GM’s at the property as well as Ops HR) to mitigate losses by correcting issues and preventing reoccurrence of similar incidents.
• Report and manage using outside vendors (TPA and broker claims consultant) on large loss reserves that have an impact on claims management and ultimate loss reserves.
• Prepare, analyze and present monthly Management Reports on Productivity, Incurred Losses, paid Losses and Claim Loss Trends and any other meaningful trends.
• Identify claim loss trends and design, develop and implement programs to mitigate such losses.
– Safety and Loss Control
Collaborate with Workers’ Comp Manager as both roles assist the VP / Director of Risk Management in cooperation with Operations in the design, development and implementation of safety and loss prevention programs to create a safe working environment for our employees and guests. This includes the following:
• Develop, implement and manage safety programs for Operations and Corporate that effectively minimize claim frequency while focusing on safe work practices.
• Provide direction and oversight to the Loss Prevention Consultants (carrier and broker) who assist Accor in developing and designing effective programs.
• Direct outside vendors to analyze and prepare key reports that evaluate the effectiveness of the safety and loss prevention programs.
• Design, develop and implement safety training tools, posters, etc to be used in Operations using outside vendors to produce and distribute materials.
• Coordinate resources (internal and external) with Safety and Security department to address OSHA issues and protectively anticipate changes that could impact Operations in the future.
– Management and Leadership
• Select, train, develop, motivate and evaluate competent employees to ensure a high degree of customer satisfaction, continuity of claims settlements/resolution and optimal use of resources.
• Present logical and persuasive risk management programs/initiatives to Ops at Corporate Office or at Operations training sessions.
• Design, create and present the Risk Management training module for new managers (MIT) to train Operations on the prevention and mitigation of employee and guest incidents at the property to create a safe environment.
– All other duties as needed or required
• Job Requirements:
– Maintain attention and concentration for extended periods of time
– Read and interpret documents and instructions from customers, vendors, and other employees
– Communicate effectively with customers, vendors, and other employees
– Multi-task and prioritize workload
– Must be highly organized and detail oriented
– Work within the appropriate level of independence
– Function in a fast-paced environment
– Ability to travel for meetings with customers, vendors, other employees, and/or other business necessities
– Must have a high degree of technical aptitude and be able to analyze data
– Must be able to manage projects efficiently
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
Minimum 5 years of relevant claims, safety and or risk management experience in a management role.
Strong PC skills (Microsoft/Excel/Access/PowerPoint a must).
Experience with Risk Management Information Systems for reporting and claims administration.
Working knowledge of multi-location operations policy/procedures relating general liability claims settlements and processing.
Working knowledge of multi-state/local laws on general liability (person and property) claims, insurance and subrogation, knowledge of Workers’ Comp is a plus.
Ability to negotiate settlements of claims.
Innovative approach to projects to include cost/benefit analysis.
Strong project management and communication skills.
Ability to lead and influence change in a large, multi-brand company.
Ability to develop and mentor employees